Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
What is your Avatar about? >

What is your Avatar about?

What is your Avatar about?

Old 03-05-2011, 07:37 AM

Mine is of me the day my son graduated from the University of Oregon, an honors student. I was so proud I just couldn't stop smiling! I will always remember that day as one of the most joyful of my life.
Seems to me our avatars reflect our life experiences: our joys, our pride, our sorrows and our loves. Thank you for your stories. This is one of the best threads!
Old 03-05-2011, 07:42 AM

No reason for mine, except that I love batik's and this is a bento box done with batiks. It's now on my bed in my sewing room. Love looking at everyone's avatar.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Kutnso
I absolutely love this quilt. Where did you find the pattern, if you don't mind sharing????
I still don't have an avatar yet, some day!!!!
Congrats, great work, Kutnso
If you click on "quote reply" to the person whose quilt you liked, it might inspire that person to share the name of the pattern.

My block is adapted from one I found in BH&G's "505 Quilt Blocks."
Old 03-05-2011, 07:47 AM

The quilting is amazing. NOW, WHAT IS An AVATAR??????? I really don't know. :roll:
Old 03-05-2011, 07:51 AM

The Quilt in mine is first quilt i made from a class I took .It was made for our middle Son who Just past away in oct . 2010...I will be changing it ,when I have another to replace it .Having a problem getting back into it again.
Margaret
Old 03-05-2011, 07:55 AM

Mine is two of my five dogs. ♥
Old 03-05-2011, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by pollym44
The quilting is amazing. NOW, WHAT IS An AVATAR??????? I really don't know. :roll:
An avatar is that little picture that is below our name.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:58 AM

beautiful quilt!
Old 03-05-2011, 07:58 AM

Mine is one side of a reversible quit that I call my grammy memory quilt as it is made entirely of my two grandsons out grown baby clothes, bibs, pajamas, receiving blankets and even part of their baby quilt that I made for each of them. I am now on my third memory quilt and hopefully my last for a while. The first was for my daughter, the second was mine and the third is almost finished and for a very close friend of my daughter's. They are so much fun to make & this last one was from a little girl's baby clothes and the other two were from little boys clothes so this one was so much fun I just got carried away. The size of it is 9" long by 6' wide. It was suppose to be reversible like the other two however they are so heavy she is getting two quilts and she is so excited and I am excited to finish them and give them to her. It is so great to do something for someone who really appreciates your work and lets you know how much it is appreciated.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by momcpo
Mine is the quilt I made for my youngest son who graduated from Army Basic and Military Police school in Nov '10.
Fort Leonardwood, MO? Our son did basic and MP training there. He's finishing his deployment to Korea now, and hopefully will be state side again come August.

Edited to add my avatar: Mine is also an Autism Awareness ribbon with the name of my son affected by Autism. He's 9. For a long time, he had no interest in quilting or anything but cars and trains. He's figured out his mom has issues with color, so now he takes trips to Joann's with me (we try to miss the crowds) and he'll tell me if something I picked up is really WRONG. I can't tell much difference between stuff that reads as a red, pink, orange, some of those reddy purples. He makes sure I don't clash.