Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Who has the messiest sewing area? >

Who has the messiest sewing area?

Who has the messiest sewing area?

Old 11-09-2010, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by lizzy
I just couldn't resist taking a picture of my sewing area this morning after seeing all the nice quilting studios. I am working on Christmas gifts; covering journals, quilted ornaments, bow tuck purses and piecing for a quilt. I can't seem to catch up long enough to put everything away and have a nice clean area to show you. Maybe after Christmas :?:
Let's just face it: some of us "sew bes.. in a mess!" When I organize, I spend way too much time trying to find "what was right under my hands." :roll:
Old 11-09-2010, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
You have me beat! I thought my little area was a mess but I have changed my mind. LOL!

I am sorry lizzy but I take back what I said. I walked into the livingroom and I swear someone made this mess over night. I don't recall it looking this this when I went to bed last night.
Wondering what make is the machine we see in the foreground on the floor? See, no one really notices a messy sewing space, just the "great stuff"! ;-)
Old 11-09-2010, 12:12 PM

I just couldn't resist taking a picture of my sewing area this morning after seeing all the nice quilting studios. I am working on Christmas gifts; covering journals, quilted ornaments, bow tuck purses and piecing for a quilt. I can't seem to catch up long enough to put everything away and have a nice clean area to show you. Maybe after Christmas :?:
okay, I have been sick, so mine is still 'bad' siiggghhhh! i unfortunately have the pics to prove it!

t
Attached Thumbnails attachment-122468.jpe   attachment-122469.jpe   attachment-122470.jpe  
Old 11-09-2010, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tracy50
okay, I have been sick, so mine is still 'bad' siiggghhhh! i unfortunately have the pics to prove it!

At least you have an excuse! I thought I would look up some fat quarters & jelly roll strips left from a project I did for my little DGD back in the summer. I was going to see if there was enough left to make a small quilt top to put on some fleece. Notice I said "was gonna". I have been through the basement twice now looking in every drawer, basket and shelf and can't find them. About 2 weeks ago I put them "somewhere" with the idea of this impending project. Now I am so frustrated that I decided it is "wine o'clock" and to give up for today.
t
Old 11-09-2010, 12:38 PM

One day at a time and eventually it gets done. Love seeing all the before and after photos. Amazing transformations.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:51 PM

Holy Cow!!!
Old 11-10-2010, 12:25 AM

If I go missing for more than a few hours, check for my body under the tons of fabric that falls off the shelf onto me! Don't need to call 911, just bring food and water and help me back to my sewing machine!

Originally Posted by cizzors
I don't understand the question. Don't you need just a path to the machine and ironing board? Sorry, I see no problem. :)
Old 11-10-2010, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by Corky
I win because I cannot even shut the door to my sewing room!!! Too much stuff.

I finally cleaned up the worst room, though, which was my computer room. And, I agree: Do not show the 'Before' pictures until you can show the 'After' pictures. But do take pictures through the process. It is sooooo rewarding!

Now for the rest of the house!

Originally Posted by earlylace
oh my, I thought I was the only messy! I am a messy sewer too! I have a path right now to my machine, I keep the door shut. Too busy making stuff for a craft show to clean up! And I am always losing stuff, always looking for my seam ripper!!!!
OK Corky, you win for the best cleanup. You put me to shame. I will try to clean off my sewing machine area today. :oops: Your area looks so nice and organized after the work you did.
I have enjoyed all the pictures fellow quilters have sent in. It appears that we are in two groups; organized and disorganized but the good part is that we all sound happy with our good fortune to have a place to quilt. Yea :-D :-P ;-)
Old 11-12-2010, 03:45 AM

I still think mine was the worst and that I won as I could not get in the room to even take a photo, it had got so bad. Feeling very ashamed of myself because there is a very tidy, thin girl trying to get out of this chaotic fat body.

Therefore, I have resisted getting on line for the rest of the week. Have walked to the shops everyday and have lost 2lbs as a result and have several beautiful lined baskets.

Every afternoon I have carefully folded my stack and altered the adjustable shelving so that the stash does not get the light either and some semblance of order is beginning to to appear.

My problem started when I had to change my workroom from a lovely double bedroom into what we call a box room - not really big enough for a bed! When I have finished I will take photos and then I can catch up on the rest of my housework! The rest of house is falling into a mess!
Old 11-12-2010, 05:53 AM

Okay, really, I am just here to say thank you. Thank you so much for making me feel better about my mess!