Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 577

Thread: Will the REAL 15 clone please stand up

  1. #251
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Victorian Sweatshop
    Posts
    15,392
    Blog Entries
    2
    Looks like one of the pictured did not make it - sigh
    I'll try for the Modern Home - this one has Brother stampings on the bottom.
    Name:  clones and their under side stamps 001.JPG
Views: 875
Size:  126.7 KB
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    good mothers let you lick the beaters - great mothers turn it off first

  2. #252
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    394
    Name:  WP_002621.jpg
Views: 878
Size:  418.7 KB
    Someone told me this DeLuxe 146B is a 15 Clone...is that possible? It works great and I really love it's look. It's the Same machine as an Aldens 146B, but mine is badged Emporium and takes the same bobbins as my vintage Kenmore.

  3. #253
    Senior Member grant15clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Brookfield, IL
    Posts
    862
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltingweb View Post
    Someone told me this DeLuxe 146B is a 15 Clone...is that possible? It works great and I really love it's look. It's the Same machine as an Aldens 146B, but mine is badged Emporium and takes the same bobbins as my vintage Kenmore.
    It is not a Clone. Clones look like a Singer model 15 series and Singer model 27, 28, 127, and 128.
    Nice machine though. It was made in Japan. Look underneath to see if there are any markings cast into the underside of the bed.
    ~G~

  4. #254
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    394
    Thanks for confirming...I really didn't think so and I knew this was the place to check. I'll check the list again.

  5. #255
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Victorian Sweatshop
    Posts
    15,392
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltingweb View Post
    Name:  WP_002621.jpg
Views: 878
Size:  418.7 KB
    Someone told me this DeLuxe 146B is a 15 Clone...is that possible? It works great and I really love it's look. It's the Same machine as an Aldens 146B, but mine is badged Emporium and takes the same bobbins as my vintage Kenmore.
    While it is not a Japanese 15 clone, it is a badged Japanese machine.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    good mothers let you lick the beaters - great mothers turn it off first

  6. #256
    Super Member Caroline S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sierra Vista, AZ
    Posts
    3,972
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    While it is not a Japanese 15 clone, it is a badged Japanese machine.
    Perhaps we need a thread for Japanese badged machines. I am going to guess that the Emporium was made by Brother.
    Sweet Caroline

  7. #257
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Victorian Sweatshop
    Posts
    15,392
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
    Perhaps we need a thread for Japanese badged machines. I am going to guess that the Emporium was made by Brother.
    yes we do - I have several and need to shoot some pics.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    good mothers let you lick the beaters - great mothers turn it off first

  8. #258
    Senior Member grant15clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Brookfield, IL
    Posts
    862
    I would be up for that too. Do Dressmakers count?
    ~G~

  9. #259
    Super Member Caroline S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sierra Vista, AZ
    Posts
    3,972
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    yes we do - I have several and need to shoot some pics.
    Well, who is going to be the one???? Does it need to be authorized or do we just go for it? I can start it if everyone is OK with that. I brought in my Brother 280 today to begin the clean up and took pics.

    Yes, Grant. Dressmakers count. In fact any vintage machine that is not a clone of the Singer 15 is eligible.
    Sweet Caroline

  10. #260
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    2,726
    Some nice machines!

  11. #261
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Victorian Sweatshop
    Posts
    15,392
    Blog Entries
    2
    I'll start it in a couple days - my work schedule is heavy for a couple more days. I think dressmakers new homes good houskeepers wizard etc will be sure to count just have your pictures ready to go up I know Melissa has a ton of them too
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    good mothers let you lick the beaters - great mothers turn it off first

  12. #262
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1
    I love her!

    Name:  3.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  43.2 KB Name:  2.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  44.4 KBName:  1.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  37.1 KB

  13. #263
    Senior Member grant15clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Brookfield, IL
    Posts
    862
    [QUOTE=shalini;5719626]I love her!

    Shalini, She is pretty. I love the color. I like the motor bracket too. It's adjustable. Does she have a cabinet or case to go in? I see a hinge.
    ~G~

  14. #264
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Victorian Sweatshop
    Posts
    15,392
    Blog Entries
    2
    I shot a pic of a MW Japanese 15 clone - lots of clovers on this machine - made by Happy I call the machine 'Happy Go Lucky'
    Name:  clones and their under side stamps 013.JPG
Views: 590
Size:  141.5 KB
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    good mothers let you lick the beaters - great mothers turn it off first

  15. #265
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Victorian Sweatshop
    Posts
    15,392
    Blog Entries
    2
    oops wrong machine - that one is a Challenge - very pretty machine anyway. I'm afraid to edit - might lose the picture or something.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    good mothers let you lick the beaters - great mothers turn it off first

  16. #266
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Victorian Sweatshop
    Posts
    15,392
    Blog Entries
    2
    Ok. try again for 'Happy Go Lucky - I might get lucky...
    Name:  clones and their under side stamps 042.JPG
Views: 571
Size:  138.7 KB
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    good mothers let you lick the beaters - great mothers turn it off first

  17. #267
    Senior Member grant15clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Brookfield, IL
    Posts
    862
    I have a weakness for Clones. I picked up another one yesterday. A poor neglected one at that. It was locked up bad too. Rust spots in places and a case that needs to be recovered pretty bad. I have a question about the numbers on the badge under the stitch levers. Does anyone know what they are or mean? Shalini's Belvedere above is a 101. The one I just bought is a 200. (I know it's bad, this is the "before" picture)

    Name:  IMG_8688.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  992.0 KB

    I had a 128 clone that was a 228.

    Name:  Morse.jpg
Views: 567
Size:  203.6 KB

    Some don't have a number. Can anyone shed some light on this? Also, does anyone know what kind of paint they used? Was it Lacquer?
    Thanks.
    ~Grant~

  18. #268
    Super Member irishrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Cadillac, MI
    Posts
    6,583
    Blog Entries
    19
    Miriam, I have that same 'clover' machine. Mine is in great shape and sews very well, but it still isn't as quiet as I'd like.

  19. #269
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Victorian Sweatshop
    Posts
    15,392
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
    Miriam, I have that same 'clover' machine. Mine is in great shape and sews very well, but it still isn't as quiet as I'd like.
    Does it make the noise when you wind the bobbin with the clutch out? If not it is not motor noise.
    What happens when you hand turn it? Is the noise coming from the bobbin area, top, bottom, left or right of the machine?
    Mine works real smooth - usually there is some little bit of dried up oil causing them not to turn quite smooth enough. I kind of hate to part with that one.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    good mothers let you lick the beaters - great mothers turn it off first

  20. #270
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Victorian Sweatshop
    Posts
    15,392
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
    I have a weakness for Clones. I picked up another one yesterday. A poor neglected one at that. It was locked up bad too. Rust spots in places and a case that needs to be recovered pretty bad. I have a question about the numbers on the badge under the stitch levers. Does anyone know what they are or mean? Shalini's Belvedere above is a 101. The one I just bought is a 200. (I know it's bad, this is the "before" picture)

    Name:  IMG_8688.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  992.0 KB

    I had a 128 clone that was a 228.

    Name:  Morse.jpg
Views: 567
Size:  203.6 KB

    Some don't have a number. Can anyone shed some light on this? Also, does anyone know what kind of paint they used? Was it Lacquer?
    Thanks.
    ~Grant~
    Glenn is our go to person for finish on a machine - his computer got hacked last week - he should be back in a while. I'm thinking some of the machines have shellac over what ever they have for paint - I rarely remember to take a before picture. It always amazes me how well those clones clean up and get ready to run another 50 or 60 year or more.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    good mothers let you lick the beaters - great mothers turn it off first

  21. #271
    Senior Member grant15clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Brookfield, IL
    Posts
    862
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Glenn is our go to person for finish on a machine - his computer got hacked last week - he should be back in a while. I'm thinking some of the machines have shellac over what ever they have for paint - I rarely remember to take a before picture. It always amazes me how well those clones clean up and get ready to run another 50 or 60 year or more.
    Thank you Miriam. The paint is really resilient on them. That is what got me thinking about what kind of paint it is. I already have Blue Mo spinning freely and the paint is all cleaned up on it and most of the rust is gone. The machines themselves are resilient too. One more thing to like about them.
    ~G~

  22. #272
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Victorian Sweatshop
    Posts
    15,392
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
    Thank you Miriam. The paint is really resilient on them. That is what got me thinking about what kind of paint it is. I already have Blue Mo spinning freely and the paint is all cleaned up on it and most of the rust is gone. The machines themselves are resilient too. One more thing to like about them.
    ~G~
    Ain't it so?
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    good mothers let you lick the beaters - great mothers turn it off first

  23. #273
    Senior Member grant15clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Brookfield, IL
    Posts
    862
    I finished the machine itself late last night. I still have some wiring and a case to refinish, but the machine I bought two days ago is done. A new record for me for a complete tear down, clean, oil and adjust job. What a difference! I am calling her Blue Mo. Some before and after pix.

    Name:  Blue.Mo.before.n.after.front.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  1.63 MB

    Name:  blue.mo.before.n.after.back.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  1.78 MB

    I just love Clones and Love this color.
    ~G~

  24. #274
    Super Member Caroline S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sierra Vista, AZ
    Posts
    3,972
    She sure is pretty now. It is amazes me how well these clone are painted. I am going to hazard a guess that the paint used is some type of automotive paint.
    Sweet Caroline

  25. #275
    Super Member SteveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    San Lorenzo, CA
    Posts
    5,290
    allow me to add another pretty blue....

    I call it Semour.... the first pic does not show the color well, but it does show the machine.
    (BTW) ZERO cleaning, Flea market, found as shown...

    Name:  Semour - SM2.jpg
Views: 635
Size:  72.1 KB
    Name:  Semour - SM1.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  81.1 KB

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.