Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Virus' have been found on your computer >

Virus' have been found on your computer

Virus' have been found on your computer

Old 07-31-2012, 06:48 AM

It's happened to me numerous times. The first time, I did download the program thinking is was safe, what a mess. After running several virus scans and Malware scans, I finally just took my computer back a few days to before it happened. Then ran the scans again. All was ok. It's happened again several time, and if I couldn't get it clicked off, I just shut the computer down, and it didn't pop up. I really don't know if it was this site or other sights, but it is scary and your heart drops. If it happens again, I'll just turn the computer off. My machine runs a scan every night, so at some point if I have a problem it should be catch by MY anti virsus. So don't panic. Just another headache in life. :P
Old 07-31-2012, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by trish b View Post
Yes! This happened to me two days ago. I did not click on the program, I just turned off the computer and ran My anti-virus protection. I did not like this at all.
Ditto for me. Only I got mine last week. I felt strange too and also turned my laptop off.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:16 AM

Do any of you use Mozilla Firefox instead of IE as your browser?
Old 07-31-2012, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by postal packin' mama View Post
FYI - CAUTION: Running Quick Scan turned up nothing, but running Full Scan did turn up a virus!

On this QB site, the last ones I've gotten (have been several recently) said the virus was on the website.
Happened three times in one very short QB browsing session, which is why the sessions have been short due to having to close all down and run scans.

P.S. - NOTE ADDED TO MY ABOVE POST: The scanner we used that caught the virus is MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIALS, which is a free download from Microsoft and works with all XP and later programs, such as XP7, Windows, etc.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:28 PM

Thumbs down I just got that adware virus message again on this board

Just be careful == that Micsoft adware message stating you have virus is again showing up when openning message board... I open the one that said Craftsy August bom posted??

wanted to alert you all. I just shut down my computer and did not touch the flashing bar

Judy in Phx, AZ
Old 07-31-2012, 01:47 PM

i hate that thing. When I was a newby, I fell for that. Had to have my computer savvy daughter come over and get rid of it for me. It sounds so legit, doesn't it? But don't fall for it. I have been getting quite a few of those when I use Chrome, don't know why. I also have been getting those "Paypal account suspended" and then you are asked to click on something. Never, never fall for that either.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:02 PM

you can also open the task manager (CTRL + ALT + DEL) and close it from there.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:59 PM

It usually takes one time before we get smart about these people and their tricks -- sadly huh...

Judy in Phx, AZ
Originally Posted by chaskaquilter View Post
i hate that thing. When I was a newby, I fell for that. Had to have my computer savvy daughter come over and get rid of it for me. It sounds so legit, doesn't it? But don't fall for it. I have been getting quite a few of those when I use Chrome, don't know why. I also have been getting those "Paypal account suspended" and then you are asked to click on something. Never, never fall for that either.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
Do any of you use Mozilla Firefox instead of IE as your browser?
I use Mozilla Firefox as my browser. I'm on a Mac with OS X and run MacKeeper and haven't had a problem. I recently bought a laptop (Mac ProBook) and it was recommended by the salesman to buy the Norton Antivirus for Mac. Unfortunately the OS is newer than on my desktop Mac and not compatible. Now what to do? I haven't used the laptop much, since mainly it is for my use while traveling, so I haven't installed it yet.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by trish b View Post
Yes! This happened to me two days ago. I did not click on the program, I just turned off the computer and ran My anti-virus protection. I did not like this at all.
Ditto for me, that's what I did and always do. In fact I race to shut the computer down before that program or whatever it is, stops its count. And, come to think about it, that was on Monday, July 30th.