Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28 37 38

Thread: 2014 Fabric Moratorium

Blog Entries
    Just spent a little time rereading a few of the last posts...
    PP the "rules" sound just right and we all like pictures! Thanks for the beach house log cabin pic..coopah..cute project.

Martina. How's the sorting going? Truth to tell, my sewing space looks like yours and I can only blame myself. I'm going to have to tidy up before I can sew. Hopefully you will soon be sewing again.

I have a cousin of my mom's who is still sewing and quilting in her mid 90's...If we could all be able to do so, what a gift.

Yesterday was the last of a houseful of extended family here. This morning DH came in from outside and checked to see if I was still breathing. It was past 11:00 am and I was still sleeping....I. never sleep over 12 hours a night. I must have been worn out. I should be good to go all day now.

Has anyone thought about their 2015 projects? Personally I plan to work on making miniatures from my scrap bins. Will take a very long time to use up my stash..I want to make sure I have enough fabric to last me another 30 years so I can be like mom's cousin!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Blog Entries
    In 2015, I'm going to make some quilts that I want to make without thinking about who the recipients may be. I have some patterns I'd like to try and some fabric combos I'd like to play with. In the end, I'm sure someone will enjoy the quilts, but I just want to play in my stash of patterns, fabrics, and ideas.
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    I unearthed my table. YAY! Also went through my books and sorted them into categories and now the book case isn't a disaster. Going to take a whole stack of books and magazines to my next guild meeting to the free table. The stupid wall is taking way longer than I thought so I am not ready to move the table back and plug in the machine yet. I made myself a promise to get it done this week after work because I have 4 days coming up that I plan to spend in my room playing.
    Martina
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric!

Angelia: I always find I enjoy making quilts if its just to play. It seems like if I have someone in mind I start sweating every detail.
    Martina: The end is in sight. The carrot is four days to play.

Blog Entries
    Later today I'll be sending the moderators a request to close this thread and start the 2015 version. Any parting shots, I mean words of wisdom (last minute confessions are good too). See you next year!
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Well........In the interest of starting the New Year with a clean cutting matt, so to speak, since the middle of October I have been a crazed quilter. I blame both all the sales and that darn fabric inventory. Suffice to say my net increase, for that period, is 94 yards. Does it help at all that I didn't pay over $5 a yard? Does it help that at least 25 yrds were Kona White and Royal Blue? Sigh, I know nothing really helps but starting this second I'm turning over a new bolt. By my calculations that five queen sized quilts, front and back, plus change. My modest goal is to at least break even by the end of November.
    Princess, thank you for setting up the new Thread. Happy New Year everyone, see you on the new thread.

I hope 2015 will be a wonderful quilting year for all of us. That you all have the materials you need an as prices have gone up those wonderful stashes are worth more and more. And may we all get very creative to use what we have.

Thanks for the thread Princess. I'll be watching for the new one. Man, am I ever ready for the New Year!
    SEW MUCH FUN!

We celebrated our Christmas with our 7 children and their families the first weekend in December at our new home. This is what I did -- all from my stash!

28 Throws.
    15 Pineapple 'in the hoop' blocks made into place mats for picture frames.
    3 quilts, 2 twin and 1 baby.
    20 Christmas ornaments
    10 handmade gifts

I did not buy any fabric - a first in 40 years of quilting!
    The rest of the month has been spent in traveling to relatives and friends. No missed flights, no layovers, no missing luggage! Road travel was also safe and our health has been good.

Here's wishing you all a very Happy New Year.
    SEW MUCH FUN!

Blog Entries
    Thanks for starting a new thread, Paper Princess! I already know I will be buying fabric in January for the Beach Quilt. But I'm holding the line there. Today, I started some placemats (easy peasy ones..extremely basic) for a friend who loves Mocket & Minnie. Instead of running out for fabric for the backs, I figured it was time to use stash. They'll be cute. Really am trying to use what I have! Happy NewYear, everyone!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    Emma, I don't feel so bad now. 94 yards is quite a haul. As for the solids, I don't think they count coz one ALWAYS runs out of solids. Those are staple items.
    Martina
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric!

Blog Entries
    RhondaLee you are the poster child for this thread...fantastic. I slipped up yesterday, but the 5 1/2 yards I bought are to finish a big project and I'm still under budget...whew! Off to find the new thread. Best of luck in '15.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Blog Entries
    Text for 2015 challenge has been submitted along with the request to close this thread.
    On 12/31, I broke down & got a whole bolt (15 yards) of a neutral print for backing. It was less than $3/yd. See how I just snuck this confession in here with info about the new thread?
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Princess: Next your going to be hiding yardage in the light fixtures.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma S View Post
    Princess: Next your going to be hiding yardage in the light fixtures.
    Great idea!!!! Reminds me of Cathy Miller's song "100 Ways to Hide Your Stash"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKiiOH5oJfs
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Blog Entries
    Please join us for the 2015 challenge here:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltin...m-t259073.html
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28 37 38