Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20

Thread: 2014 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

Blog Entries
    Rail Fence (mom's) UFO update.

Laundered the backing fabrics. Laundered & pressed the border fabrics.

Switched gears. Have a new add-a-granddaughter, age 6. Was with DD/SIL/the bitties last week in July. Asked new DGD what color she wanted her doll quilt. She said, blue, green, purple, pink, and black. I was all like d'oh! NOT my usual color range AT ALL. Thought on it, and came up with an Amish style. bought solid black, bought batiks in her chosen colors. made it pinwheels & checkerboards. 3 diagonal purple pinwheels, green in the other two corners, and pink & blue in the center sides. Flanked by (from the inside out) single rows of green, then pink, then purple, then blue 1" checkerboard, then a 3" black border. The back is a varigated batik that pulls it all together. Bound in black. I shadow quilted the pinwheels (I recommend NOT doing this, you get a little point in the middle.), then did a diagonal grid quilting on the checkers & borders. Got that finished & delivered.

Then, theres a wedding tomorrow, making 4 placemats & 4 napkins. The placemats are just HSTs laid out in Broken Dishes pattern (ha ha ha) only 6x4 instead of 4x4. Interesting layout. Depending on how you look at it, you see pinwheels or hourglasses. two of the placemats are flimsies, two are in grid layout, sewn but not cut apart stage. The napkins are cut out, and the hems pressed, but not sewn.

Baby shower 10/25 have a flimsy for that.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...I will return to the rail fence after those projects.

Looks like everyone is buzy, me included. Christmas is taking my time and my stash. I did put together a quilt top though and it has 72 little 6" blocks in it. They've been sitting patiently waiting their turn for about 2 years! Won't be able to finish it though until after the holidays. Hope all is well with all of you.
    SEW MUCH FUN!

Where is everybody?
    I guess it's off to Christmas quilting and in my case working on the mystery quilt train ride. If you haven't try it, it's fun. Of course I'm a few weeks behind, but it's fun.
    I'm still working on my motorcycle quilt for my brother. I can't decide how to quilt it. Free hand or panograph design. I do not have a motorcycle pattern. Decision, decision, that's one of the fun aspects of quilting.
    Enjoy quilting everyone!!!!

I've made some progress on UFOs in the last month...finished a BOTM quilt. Actually just ended up using 2 of the 12 blocks and made several of each for a quilt for my nephew; forgot to get a finished picture before delivering, but here is one with the sashing on. I also finished a quilt top for my MIL using embroidered blocks *her* mom made...need to get that to the LA quilter. Right now I am working on a new quilt...for my niece. I want to have it done to give to her before Thanksgiving. I am doing QAYG for that one
    Attached Images Attached Images

Carrie: That is a great quilt! Love the colors and the boldness. Nicely done!

My Farmers Wife quilt started w/a group on here in 2009? is now completed & on my bed. I was all set to custom quilt each block but decided to use an all over pantograph called "Leaf Pile" that just felt like it went with the quilt. I used a brown thread matching the sashing & backing brown and am really quite pleased with how it turned out. And this from an old school hand quilter that just can't do it by hand anymore. Even machine stitched the binding - a first.

Blog Entries
    What a treasure auntjo! Congratulations on being persistent as well; mine's still a WIP.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Blog Entries
    Nice job on the Farmer's Wife. That is an undertaking for sure.
    I have no been on the quilting board for a bit. My computer does not like to type for some reason on this site. Love seeing the wips and ufo completes. I have about 8 more UFOs and I am done with them finally. I have several WIPs I am doing along with the UFOs to make life interesting.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

QuilterMomma: I've been having trouble typing on this site too. How long has your problem been happening?

Auntjo, such a lovely quilt!!!!! I like how you finished the farmer's wife quilt!!!!!! I like the side borders with the blocks as well. Beautiful job!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    OK, what is wrong with me? I just went to a quilting retreat in Pismo Beach and instead of taking some of my existing projects to finish, I took fabric to start two new ones. The UFO pile groweth. !0 lashes with a wet noodle for sure. On the other hand, one of the projects is a small convergence top (Ricky Timms style) that needs a border and the other is the Dresden Bloom by Edyta Sitar from a Craftsy class. I enjoyed testing out both new techniques. Not sure if I will do another Convergence. Now the Dresden Blooms will be an ongoing process and I love it.

I also learned to do a 4-patch kaleidoscope and plan to give that a try. One of the gals at the retreat shared how to do that method. (Like a stack and whack with only 4 pieces.)
    Martina
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric!

Martina: Would love to see pictures!

MQ, I love 4 Patch Poseys, which is what I was taught to call the 4 patch kaleidoscopes. I have one in my PFF pile, just waiting for me to back and bind it. It doesn't have an owner yet so it's not high on the list. I love doing the 4PPs tho! Please show us your 4P project, I'd love to see it. Here is my 4PP in the UFO pile:
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

I'm working on a stack of quilts that seems to be a mile high. They are finished except for hand stitching the binding. I finished two this weekend and started on the third. I do enjoy hand stitching, just seem too busy with other projects. When they slid off from the trunk that they are piled on and needed to be refolded and stacked I decided that the time is now.

Wildyard: Really beautiful. The pattern flows so well. Do you think the four patch is easier to use in a design than say the eight patch?
    Karen: Wow! A lot of finishes, would love to see pictures. Instead of working on new I should be finishing my pile. unfortunately I'm still at the quilting stage. Congrats!

Asheville, Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs
    Blog Entries
    Well, I was moving right along on the Dizzy Geese quilt. Stars done, check. Sashing pieced, check. Flying geese for the blocks, check. Corner units pieced, check. Started on the fluing geese for the border. Sick of flying geese, so decide to finish the blocks for the center. Sewed three together. Realized the geese were flying counter clockwise, which means they don't line up correctly. Looked at them for about an hour until I decided I couldn't stand it if it wasn't fixed. Ripped for two hours. Put blocks back together. Sewed a few more seams so that at least I would be ahead of where I was this a.m.
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.

Kris: We've all had those days. Unless it is a huge mistake, entailing lots of time to correct, I try to do what you did. At least when you begin again you have a good starting point.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20