Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2014 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2014 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

2014 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 01-04-2014, 09:01 PM

My siggy center is done. Now working on the borders. My buddy (SheriR) suggested that I use the cut off HSTs as a border. It's looking fabulous but boy is it a challenge trimming those little buggers!

Last edited by Fraew; 01-04-2014 at 09:05 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:02 PM
Power Poster

carrie I can't even post it on the sister thread cuz it's missed the UFO step! I made note cards! Gave some to my two quilt buddies for Christmas and forgot to take pics as I was in such a hurry to get them done. These next ones went even faster. Here's a peek[ATTACH=CONFIG]454840[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 7b.jpg  
Old 01-05-2014, 06:31 AM

Hi all. I'm in. I have more than my share of UFOs scattered about. I would be thrilled if I could get my quilt stuff organized in one place such that I could pull together my stash by color. I'm participating in the 50 Stars project because I need to get my paper piecing talents and fabric coordinating lack of talent developed. In the meantime, finishing up some of old time projects would be nice. I can't find the quilt top I wanted to finish up ASAP but in the process of tracking it down I found another that I was making for my 5 year old nephew that was started before he was born. Sigh. Time to get that one wrapped up, too. I suspect. I have a dresden plate fussy cut fairly quilt top that needs to be finished, too. So off the top of my head my UFO priorities are one quilt top that is ready for quilting (that is buried somewhere), one baby quilt which is in the process of being hand quilted, and one fairy quilt top that needs to be finished (that is likewise hidden somewhere). My excuse for not being able to find the quilts is moving between houses. I am a fabric hoarder but am not usually so unorganized that I can't put my hands on the projects at hand. It's going to be a busy year. Thank you for this thread! Great to meet other UFO buddies. -- J
Old 01-05-2014, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by wildyard View Post
So happy to have all of you with us..... if no one wants to trade with me on my offers, I think my next step will be to put them up on the sale and trade page... what do you all think?
What a great offer! I have nothing to trade but this is a neat way to clear out some UFOs and get inspired by newer projects.

The dresden blocks remind me of my GM quilts she made from family's clothes. Do you know if she was making them from relative's clothes or not? You may want to donate those UFOs to a charity of your choice that has auctions. Folks will pay a lot of money for UFOs at those charity auctions in my part of the world. Two good deeds with your UFOs -- you get them out of the room, your charity earns money for them. If you deduct in your taxes, donations to charities are tax deductable. Then again, you may just want newer UFOs in your room. Good luck with whatever you decide.

I've got my own Dresden Plate UFO, too, lol. It's been years in the making but I am going to get it done this year with the support of this group. --J
Old 01-05-2014, 07:04 AM

OK--cute card idea...that's a great gift idea.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:40 AM

Zozee - what a cute quilt! This is my go-to easy quilting that looks great on a lot of quilts - just use the edge of your walking foot to stitch along the seam line. It is so much easier than stitch in the ditch! I often just use white thread for a clean fresh look - on this quilt I used a variegated teal, purple and blue thread because it matched the backing. As you can see you can hardly tell what color it is!
Attached Thumbnails p1040835.jpg  
Old 01-05-2014, 07:44 AM

Oksewglad - I really love your card! How did you do the printing?
Old 01-05-2014, 09:51 AM
Power Poster

Thanks asimplelife--I iron a piece of fabric with freezer paper cut to paper dimensions and ran it through the printer. I made a page full of phrases with plenty of space to cut each one out.

How are you doing up there? That old wind will be whipping up the really cold winds to N. Iowa soon.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:56 AM

I just realized that I started 2 new projects yesterday But they don't count as UFOs until I *stop* working on them, right? They are both BOM projects, which I'm going to collect into a quilt or two at the end of the year. Now I'm debating whether to go load a UFO on the long arm, or work on some of my other neglected BOM projects to catch up. I think BOM is going to win out ...
Old 01-05-2014, 11:39 AM

Ok, I'm in. I really, really want to finish a UFO that I started ten years ago at the same time I started my Master's degree. Finished the degree five years ago and misplaced the UFO. So, first I have to find it in the safe place I put it.