2015 Fabric Moratorium

Old 02-02-2015, 05:15 PM
Power Poster

Whootwhoot! I found a layer cake in my stash that had 13 different fruit panels so I lucked out. No need to buy more.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:19 PM

So far this last month I have not bought any new fabric. I'm working on a few projects I have been planning to do for a while and have most fabric on hand. My 1st project: I'm a little behind on following with the QB train mystery quilt, but I'm making the quilt from my stash only. When I finish the quilt top I will post a picture. I've spend 2 weeks sorting out my fabric, and one week selecting fabric for the top. This week I plan on sewing the top. I'm also working on a pink and blue and white quilt top. That should take me a few weeks to complete as well and keep me entertained. My plan this year is too work on UFO projects, scrappy projects, & projects I already have the fabric. So, "basically I will not need to buy new fabric." Notice I said need to buy, not that I won't later on buy fabric I want to buy. Which I plan to curve this year. That's my plan and I'm sticking to it. (At least for now). LOL
Old 02-02-2015, 07:30 PM
Power Poster

We are all doing amazingly good compared to last year.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:07 AM

I just ordered a Sewline air erasable fabric pen. From what I understand this is not included in the "no buy"?
I feel bad because I was in my lqs and they had another brand that is supposed to be just as good and I didn't buy one. And no I didn't purchase any fabric, just drooled as my DH dragged me out to the car. Their fabrics are very expensive as a rule but this time the owner set up a long row of fabrics at 5.99 a yard! These are fabrics that he usually prices at $10.99 up per yard. To make matters worse he just got a shipment of new 30's in. These were the regular price but just a third yard of each one.............No! No!
Old 02-03-2015, 08:09 AM
Power Poster

Sunrise you spoke too soon. Two weeks ago I was at the CPA for my tax appt.....different town with a great LQS just down the street. FQ's on sale plus flannel backing for a quilt for our new GD to be born in April. Then last week I had to drive the other direction for a farm errand...you guessed it another LQS. Two yards of I don't know what I'm going to do with this fabric later, I'm out the door. I had to make the trip worthwhile as the machinery part didn't come in and will have to head back this week... Oh dear...
Old 02-03-2015, 10:15 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
We are all doing amazingly good compared to last year.
I agree! I took a quick look at the 2014 postings and at about the same time last year, we were all running after the wagon having fallen off (or been pushed!). We also have lots more posts compared with LY. Missing a few regular posters from last year, however. I wonder if they just gave up?
Hope the momentum continues.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:09 AM

Help! Nancy's Notions has batik hand-paints (watercolor type) and prints for $6.99/yard.

I am in the midst of trying to use up my stash of batiks on the 50 fab PP stars. The stash is composed of leftovers (1) an all-shades of-blue-watercolor and (2) a landscape quilt in all beach/sea/birdie/fish-scale colors ...plus a couple jelly rolls and some stuff I bought on line not knowing the huge variability of hand-dye and how a tiny pretty square on the screen conceals a yard of off-color random dreck.

Please help me be scrappy and avoid this insane batik sale!
Thanks!
Old 02-03-2015, 01:37 PM

I made it thru January with only buying 2 yards of a neutral. I did purchase some other fabric, but it was for a customer and the price of her order more than covers the fabric, so I'm not counting that. Not sure if that is in the rules or not. We will be starting some winter traveling, so I may have to purchase some fabric from our travels. Doing a whole lot better than last year and my CC shows it! I am working my way thru the kits I purchased last year. Feels good to be doing that.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:37 PM

Made a purchase, but really needed it. I had absolutely NO St. Patricks Day material and I needed some FQ's for a swap and also some fabric to make a mini wall quilt and a mugrug. JoAnns had 30% off so I purchased 4 - 1/2 yard cuts. My LQS had a great sale in Jan. but I didn't even go cause I am bound and determined to use only what is in my stash and with the exception of the the 4 - 1/2 yd cuts, I am doing pretty good. Good luck to everyone!!
Old 02-03-2015, 04:47 PM
Power Poster

Oksew, well-well! look at you go. Not even jumping on and off the wagon but drive straight to the forbidden zone. What are we going to do with you? I think we need to bug you until you show us the quilt for your new DGD.

Travel purchases fall in the "support the local economy" and/or "gotta get some souvenirs" category, so you are safe Sophie2.

Jeanne, get right back on that wagon!

SueSew, you can do it! Be strong! Resist! Those sales will come by and tempt you again, so you can say no at least for now!