2015 Fabric Moratorium

Old 01-04-2015, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Therese View Post
I would love to join in the fun..... So, how does this work? How do I find you all again so we can keep up with each other?
By just posting, you should get an email each day with all the posts of the day. If it doesn't work that way for you, when you visit the board, just check up at top right "Settings' and you can see all the posts you are or have been commenting on.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:34 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Therese View Post
... So, how does this work? How do I find you all again so we can keep up with each other?
We just keep posting to the same thread. You can bookmark the thread in your browser, subscribe to it thru the Quilting Board (click on "Thread Tools" near the top right of this page, under the ads), or look in the "QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests" sub forum accessible from the Main Quilting Board page.
Old 01-05-2015, 04:45 AM

I'm in - but my year will start after Jan7 and run to Dec31. The LQS has their annual anniversary sale first week of January. I think I'm done shopping for this year, but just in case I wander by again in the next 2 days ...

I hope to make all my quilts from stash this year. Off to a good start - 3 new mysteries started on New Years and they are all from stash. Do we have a place to post stash quilts, or do our stash-busting efforts go here too?
Old 01-05-2015, 05:33 AM

I made a resolution last fall that I would not be taking on any more projects. Between quilting and machine embroidery, I have 55 projects that I have bought the materials for. Most are projects for myself. Things that I have put off while doing projects for others. If it's not on my To Do list, I'm not doing it. I will buy only those items that I need to finish these projects.
Old 01-05-2015, 06:09 AM

I am in!!! After trying to organize my "STUFF" I realized I need to not add one more morsel.
Old 01-05-2015, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Sophie2 View Post
I am also in a small town with the 1 1/2 to 2 hours to get to a quilt shop. Sometimes I think it is a good thing - don't spend as much money. Downfall is, when I do get to a quilt shop sometimes it is hard to not buy. Hopefully I will be strong this year!
I agree with you, only fabric to be purchased this year is a BOM from my LQS that I signed up for. Comes per month in pre cut pack with instructions. I will be going to SEW EXPO at end Feb but that is more a social event, meeting up with friends from over the mountain, getting ideas, will buy thread for LA, maybe new cutting board, check out new gadgets. Still working on UFO' Finished 3 in Dec, working on second for his month now. Trying to do one per month tell all caught up. I also see lots of scrape's in my future. My big problem is I got 3 gift cards from fabric stores, need to check if they have an expiration date.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:20 PM

I'm in! I have been following last years and have been waiting and preparing for this year. I certainly have the stash, I plan some more organizing in order to see what I have. I have been working with leaders and enders. Have quite a pile.
I am not buying any more fabric unless it is something I really need, like black. I hope I can o it!
Old 01-05-2015, 03:10 PM

I've always wanted to be apart of one of these challenges or groups. I think this is one I can participate in. I have just cut out an entire king sized quilt from blues, greens, and whites in my stash. No new fabric. I've made the pattern before almost 10 years ago and very excited to do it again in colors I will love. The first time I made it was at my first retreat where we were given pattern as a mystery and fabrics. We spent more time cutting and storing in baggies than actual sewing. Going to take my first stitches at Super Bowl Sunday day retreat.
Old 01-05-2015, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Gramie bj View Post
I agree with you, only fabric to be purchased this year is a BOM from my LQS that I signed up for. Comes per month in pre cut pack with instructions. I will be going to SEW EXPO at end Feb but that is more a social event, meeting up with friends from over the mountain, getting ideas, will buy thread for LA, maybe new cutting board, check out new gadgets. Still working on UFO' Finished 3 in Dec, working on second for his month now. Trying to do one per month tell all caught up. I also see lots of scrape's in my future. My big problem is I got 3 gift cards from fabric stores, need to check if they have an expiration date.
IMHO I wouldn't think gift cards would count against you. Would hate to see them expired!
Old 01-05-2015, 04:49 PM
Power Poster

I think that gift cards are OK to use. Besides, they can be used for thread and other notions - not necessarily fabric. Batting is another usable commodity that could go on a gift card expense.