2015 Fabric Moratorium

Old 01-24-2015, 07:19 AM

My first flimsy finish of the year. It needs to get quilted within two weeks for a baby shower. 100% from stash and I'm hoping that I can pull my backing from stash also.[ATTACH=CONFIG]507419[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 0124151012sm.jpg  
Old 01-24-2015, 12:00 PM

The wagon parked right at the front door of thrift shop in Vernal. I climbed down real carefully and went in. There was a like new black sheet but only twin size. Debated and bought it. $3. Never have too much black. Last week same and was dark green king size like new and $3 and grabbed it.

Black , dark greens, white and browns I think will do these animals quilts. I think need dark blue and other blues. I get to Vernal about twice a month. I have lot of white. I have other plain colors. I have to use plain colors for the animal panels and blocks, At this point I am still sorting materials. I am to bottomofthebox and the eed tog through box of colored sheets,
Old 01-24-2015, 12:37 PM
Power Poster

Kaely that is very pretty. Good luck finding the backing in your stash.

Colorado, you are funny with your controlled departures from the wagon. However, it sounds to me like your purchases are well thought out. So they are not impulsive extravagances - but rather planned stash building of solids. I have almost no solids so I know what you are saying. When I need solids I generally go to Joann with a 50% coupon.
Old 01-24-2015, 02:46 PM
Power Poster

Everyone is doing so well this year! Love all the inspiring pictures of stash produced projects. Haven't had much time to quilt this year, but have big plans for February. At least I'm not shopping.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:02 PM
Power Poster

Sewred and Kael, love your stashbusting projects. I have emptied a big bag of scraps (clothing) onto my table. We have been 'minding' one of the boys cars whilst he was off proposing to his lady love in California. No backseat blanket/cover and they have a little dog that sheds......time for a car quilt.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by kaelynangelfoot View Post
My first flimsy finish of the year. It needs to get quilted within two weeks for a baby shower. 100% from stash and I'm hoping that I can pull my backing from stash also.[ATTACH=CONFIG]507419[/ATTACH]
Love this. Just beautiful.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:46 AM

I've done pretty well in the fabric buying. I bought some black because one of the projects I'm working on needs it (i ran short) though I did buy a few extra yards while I was at it I have ran across a problem for me though. While I tell myself no fabric, I find my pattern and notions etc. buying has increased. Honestly I have purchased several items with nothing I truly needed so time to have a talk with myself. Just hope I listen!
But I have patted myself on the back for debating binding on one of the projects I'm FMQ presently. I searched and searched my fabric until I found a color tucked away in the far corner of a cabinet that I think will be perfect so there's hope for me yet.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:18 AM

Ok I am a little late for this I have not bought yet this year but i do intend on buying some speical fabric for a project and that will be it for the year or till black wendsday in november I have to buy 7 yards for a robe and nightgown for my oldest sister for a thank you gift and i need to get batting at some point this year but that is it i hope I am a fabricaholic and i need an intervention
Old 01-25-2015, 10:10 AM

From stash:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...n-t260264.html
Old 01-25-2015, 02:57 PM
Power Poster

Bezzie, this is not deadline-driven but an ongoing support group to keep us sane in the fabric-buying modus. Welcome to the wagon.

Angelia, I LOVE your stash. Great way to use it too with the Carolina Chain.

I am still working on my blocks for Dresden Blooms. I'm working on my purples now. Nothing to show yet as they are all in partial state of completion. I sat down the other night and dreamed up a sashing. Now I am trying to talk myself out of the plan.