Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2015 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2015 UFO Challenge of the Month

2015 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 01-25-2015, 07:12 PM

Beautiful finishes! Is there an actual pattern for your quilt? If not, what size are your squares for the patches? Love it; been looking for a pattern I liked for a 2-color quilt. I can easily add the 3rd color...

Last edited by VickiM; 01-25-2015 at 07:18 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:00 AM

Love that Pinwheel baby quilt. Also the back and how you set the photos. Just great.

And, the giant daisy quilt for a four year old is adorable. She will love it.

Done is a lovely word.
Old 01-26-2015, 08:43 AM
DJ

Greetings!

Love what I'm seeing! What inspiration.

I feel like I'm falling behind. It's probably going to be a while before I can show any completed UFOs, but the one I'm currently working on will be a king size quilt for DD. Thought I'd just report that I have 21 applique silhouette bear blocks ready for stitching around the bears and have completed 6 of the 21 bear claw blocks for the quilt.

We are in the process of putting down new flooring in the desk area and through to my studio, so that will be a bit disruptive, but I'm planning to put the sewing machine in a spare bedroom so that I can keep it functional.

Keep up the good work everyone!
Old 01-26-2015, 09:20 AM

Marich52 ... Love your finishes!!! Wow - 17 tops to quilt! I can't imagine!
Old 01-26-2015, 05:20 PM

Thanks!
It is a variation of one of the patterns in the 9 Patch Pizzazz book by Judy Sisneros. The squares are 2.5 inch.

Marilyn
Old 01-26-2015, 07:36 PM

I have been getting sidetracked. I had hoped to have the label on my Pinwheel quilt and also have the last little bit quilted on my patriotic quilt. I wanted both of those things done by end of December...guess what!! Neither one is done yet. I did get my label made and then felt I had to start a couple more projects. LOL! But hopefully, both will be finished by end of January. Might as well not rush things since I am already behind my goal. My patriotic quilt is all finished quilting wise as I sent it to the LA lady. She did a nice job but I just wanted a bit more echo quilting on one block. Had to order thread color I did not have so just have to get it done now. Love everyone's finishes!
Old 01-27-2015, 07:37 PM

Evie...I really like the quilt you made for the 4 yr old. What bright and cherry colors.

Weasier22...Can't wait to see the photos of your table runners. I love table runners. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I have 4 log tables that will show off my table runners.

Marich22.....I really the the pizzazz quilt and the woven purse.

I really need more time to sew. Good ole life just gets in the way for me.

Anoka Quilter
Old 01-27-2015, 07:58 PM

I finished my part in 6 baby quilts-sandwiching, pillow-turning, and top stitching. Now someone else will tie them. I picked them up last summer to finish so they are relatively young UFO's but done none the less.

Connie

Attached Images
Old 01-28-2015, 05:08 AM

Coming back to report my first 2015 finish. After none in 2014, am setting a record here. lol

The first is a batik, wide strip log cabin. I bought the pre-cut strips off Ebay in 2009. I never even opened the package of strips until I was at my mother's, about 60 miles from my house, and was going to start sewing. I bought only my sewing machine, thread, scissors and the strips. DUH!!! I've learned a lot since then. Not a single one of the strips was the same width or length and I had nothing with me to make that be any different....no rotary cutters or cutting boards. So I started sewing. I reasoned that since the blocks probably weren't going to be square, there was just no need to make a big effort to iron every little seam as I went. Boy, was I surprised when the blocks basically ended up square, almost no trimming to square them up and how well the quilt went together. It languished on my UFO list until I decided New Year's Day to get something done while I watched football. Here is my Log cabin in bright batiks quilt. It is an oversized lap. I used a contrasting thread for the quilting so that all those empty black spaces on the front would have some interest. Enjoy!

Edited to add: I have been hit by the gremlin....picture turned on it's side. lol The quilt ends at the black border. The rest of the colors in the photo is the bed I put it on to take a picture.
Attached Thumbnails img_0793.jpg   img_0794.jpg  

Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 01-28-2015 at 05:13 AM.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:23 AM

Barb: That is so beautiful and bright. Love the way the batiks glow.