Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2015 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2015 UFO Challenge of the Month

2015 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 03-09-2015, 05:38 PM

I have been working on a couple of UFO tops today -- both are more than a couple of years old and on one other UFO (only weeks old) I am just waiting to receive a fabric order so I can finish it. Last week I finally found border fabric for my last Jelly Roll Race. If I can get these completed, that will be four UFO's off the books.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:42 AM

While I have been going through my sewing room, I found an UFO project which I started in 2004/5. I love the fabrics and finished project, but I only have step #6 and a black and white small pic of the finished project to work on as a pattern guide. This will be my next UFO to finish. If I ever find my computer program disc, I will figure out the pattern out using this program. I've decided to enlarge the project to almost a queen size (80" by 100"). So it will take longer to finish. I'm excited about this project. Next month project.

i have one one block to cut out and make for my orange and tourquise quilt. Later today I will lay it out and sew the blocks together. Tomorrow I will sew on the borders and put it on my quilting machine. Yea, it's almost done!!!!

I love seeing everyone's finished projects. They are so lovely. Happy sewing and quilting.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:20 AM

Well, I have fallen off the wagon. I almost finished a UFO quilt on Saturday but fell victim to the need to make something new. So....... I am now almost finished with a new quilt top. I don't have room to layer it but will at the end of the month when my guild meets for a work day.

But what I DID do yesterday was ... I went through all of my stash and pulled out the cuts that I know I will not use in a million years! I have two of those BIG Rubbermaid bins full along with a very large shopping bag. Offering to my daughter first then the rest will go to quilt retreat to be given to a good home. Most of the pieces came from my sister-in-law's stash when she passed away. I bet that either she got the fabric really cheap or someone donated the fabric to her. They are just not her style. And after ten years I discovered they are not my style either and it is time to "let it go"! (Does any one out there hear a song?) My bins are now all sorted, my pre-cuts all in labeled containers and I have two large boxes of scraps to either use as is or cut into standard sizes for my many scrappy dreams. (I feel like I am justifying my making a new UFO and... I am. I just needed to create. Tee-Hee-Hee!!)

Now, back to my paying job and then return to the sewing machine to tackle another UFO this month. March is flying by and I only have one finished.

Last edited by WMUTeach; 03-10-2015 at 10:23 AM.
Old 03-11-2015, 11:53 AM

Yippee, I finished #1 UFO quilt for March, finished the "need to create something new" top and started on trying to square up a UFO that is just plain weird. No two sides measure the same, so my tape measure, rotary cutter and machine are going at it this afternoon and by tonight, I will have this exchange block quilt ready for layering and tomorrow (fingers crossed here) quilting. I am on spring break and it is wonderful to get up each morning and sew! Only two more days, then back to the desk and computer!
Old 03-12-2015, 10:40 AM

I need to join I went crazy this month.

1) Stained Glass Butterfly Window Quilt (way over my skill level) UFO.
2) 2015 BOM here I just finished block three so I'm still two blocks behind.
3) Beginners Machine Piecing Class will make one quilt top. It starts on March 17th.
4) Explorer's Club - Art Quilt Workbook - 9"X 12" Blocks. I'll get my book before the next class but they are starting chapter three. And I'm waiting on my book. So Yes I'm behind.

That's my entire list and I'm glad it isn't as large as some. I get sick to my stomach just thinking about all that I need to do and how slow I am. The one thing I don't want to do is die and leave a bunch of UFO's for my daughter. Like most of us I have finished projects for family members of crafters who have passed on and I don't want Dee to have to deal with that.
Old 03-13-2015, 12:10 PM

Default Finished the Feb. baby quilt

Yeah! I finished it all except for the label. The newest great grand baby will receive it in April.
Attached Thumbnails 1-dscn2241.jpg  
Old 03-13-2015, 12:13 PM

Now to finish March which is a table runner so maybe it won't take me too long. The new baby will be born in Great Falls, MT, so the penguins won't be too hot. LOL
Old 03-13-2015, 01:14 PM

Cute baby quilt Beebonnet.

I finished a UFO in February, that was really old. Maybe 10 yrs? Sweatshirt jacket that had hand dyed fabrics on it. Luckily there was binding in the bag to finish the edges except for the sleeves.

The bag had gutterman silk thread in it, for quilting it. My old machine didn't like the thread. Both of my current machines also didn't like it either. Hunted the thread stash and got this one finished.

This months UFO is a stack of blocks from a Pattern testing. I need to shop for fabric for an inner border. Trying to do the stash busting challenge too, so I'm disappointed to have to go fabric shopping.
Old 03-13-2015, 05:26 PM

Really cute baby quilt!
Marilyn
Old 03-14-2015, 07:05 AM

Redid the 2015 BOM January block using the fusible top stitching applique method for the wings.

Completed the 2015 BOM February block.

Did the 2015 March block but I made some measurement errors so I need to do it again. So I'm on schedule for the 2015 BOM. Yeah!