Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2015 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2015 UFO Challenge of the Month

2015 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 07-09-2015, 11:59 AM

Oh boy! just went through since my last post & am seeing lots of wonderful finishes. Nice work all! BUT, not a good idea to see them & say I want to make one...& that's what I did on some of them. Just wrote them down...can't start more right now...unless it's Judy's mysterytrain! I have around 50 UFO's to finish!!! Doesn't pay to start cleaning out things & keep finding them..........sometimes wish there wasn't a pending move......but need to move closer to the daughters at this stage of the game.......all the family is out of Florida now. BUT, at least I know I'm working to get them done!
Old 07-09-2015, 12:03 PM

Just looked at that row by row & wish I hadn't used that solid orange in it.............jumps out!
Old 07-09-2015, 12:04 PM
Power Poster

WTG, Vicki...very nice finishes...thanks for sharing.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:06 PM

Vicki-- great finishes for June! You were busy! I was thinking I liked your row by row...even with the orange. Some I see just don't blend well and yours did...good job.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:33 PM

Vicki: Great finishes. That Carpenters star with those batiks is so gorgeous. Your choice of the back for the horse quilt was perfect. Love how the quilting brought out the horses heads even more. Some of us.....Ahem would consider those a good number of finishes for a year. At last I found someone with more UFOs then me.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:21 PM

Oh Emma...I was totally surprised finding some of the UFO's I found...totally forgot I did them...bet you I'll find even more before I'm done (going to take a whole year of sorting out with what I have!!!), so please don't try to catch up with me............and I said I didn't want to move with any UFO's left...going to be totally exhausted by the time I try to get them all done on top of everything else! LOL I'm trying to be good & not start other projects but it's like I say I'm not going to buy anymore fabric...........tomorrow going to a quilter's yardsale. Oh well.......
Old 07-09-2015, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by carriem View Post
Vicki-- great finishes for June! You were busy! I was thinking I liked your row by row...even with the orange. Some I see just don't blend well and yours did...good job.
Thanks...I was pleased with how it blended, too...till I saw that orange! LOL
Old 07-10-2015, 06:35 AM

I'm noticing lol. I started putting scraps on a muslin foundation the other day so the scraps don't take over the quilting room. I'm happy with the progress. The one I am machine quilting developed a crease in the back I'm trying to smooth it out but i'm not having much success at the moment. Any suggestions welcome. - In the hand area I'm redoing a miniature art quilt. I tried putting a wide border on it and all that happened was that it covered up the sashing.

You all do such a good job keeping me motivated. I never would have thought to use the horse fabric that way but I love it.
Old 07-10-2015, 12:46 PM

TaaaDaaa!!! Finally have one done. Tumbling Charms with Kansas Troubles fabric. I started it last year and it's going home with my sister tomorrow!
Attached Thumbnails tumbling-charms.jpg  
Old 07-10-2015, 04:26 PM
Power Poster

Nicely done countrymaid...

I like your byline...I could say the same but have substituted farm animals for "the Grands" who live half mile and a hill away...