Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2015 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2015 UFO Challenge of the Month

2015 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 01-04-2015, 06:39 PM

count me in on this as my 2015 resolution is finish my UFO'. I did get one top done already. Need to find the backing and someone to quilt it. And have my 2nd one up on my design wall.
Old 01-04-2015, 08:21 PM

Is there a sister thread this year for discussing UFO progress before they get completed?
Old 01-05-2015, 06:23 AM

Well, gal pals, I have already fallen off my planned pace. I have about 12 inches to do on a binding that has been sitting looking at me for....5 days!! I must get this done! A long armed nearly king sized quilt is due to arrive any day now and that will need a really LONGGGGGGG binding. And there is the guild exchange block quilt, last year's mystery quilt and, and, and.... I get over whelmed with the list. OK, just one UFO at a time. I hear you saying. Stop, breath and pick up the needle. Can I stay home from work if I promise to just finish one UFO quilt?
Old 01-05-2015, 06:51 AM

Stay home and finish! Approved.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:26 AM

Count me in! Happy to be working along side of each of you ... in a manner of speaking! I have several large quilts to complete and lots of little projects to be finished. This is the year to get them done so that i can start new projects. Hopefully I won't start too many ... I'll just end up with more UFOs! It's a big circle but I haven't gotten dizzy yet. Today I'm going to work on a back for a baby quilt. Incorporating pictures of the baby on the back. Think I'll use a pinking rotary blade for the edges of the framing around the pictures & just sew them onto the backing. Happy New Year to everyone and happy quilting!
Old 01-05-2015, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by kristakz View Post
Is there a sister thread this year for discussing UFO progress before they get completed?
Hi Kristakz..You can always start a new thread to discuss anything quilting related. If you do, put a link to it here so we can all follow.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:29 PM

I'm in too. I have lots of starts that need to be completed. Last weekend I laid out and measured 8 tops and either matched them up with backing or planned a scrappy backing (I am currently string piecing one back) or made a list of for fabric that needs to be purchased. I went to a local quilt store that was having a sale and found 2 fabrics at 75% off that will work. I also planned out 2 borders for 2 more UFOs. Then there's the stack of 5 quilts that are basted waiting to be quilted next to my new Tiara. Apparently she doesn't work without me by her side. Yikes, I'd better get off here and get started! I also presented a challenge to the quilt group that I belong to - for each of us to finish 5 UFOs. SO - good luck everyone, congratulations to the finished already for 2015!
Old 01-05-2015, 07:49 PM
Power Poster

Those pics already posted sure are pretty. It is so interesting to see everyone's color choices and styles. We are a varied and eclectic bunch. I've been sewing pointy petals for my Dresden Bloom variation (an Edyta Sitar pattern). It will be a long time before this UFO is done.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:59 PM

I'd like to join this group for 2015. I have blocks to be made into tops and tops that need to be made into quilts. Currently, I have pulled out the blocks from the Christmas block swap we did in 2014 and I am adding blocks from a swap I did with another group. This one will definitely be a completed top but don't have any idea when it will get quilted, as I have 2 other Christmas quilt tops that I did in Oct. and Nov. of 2014. Can't wait to see what others in this group get done.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:35 AM

I'm in too. I have several top's finished and semi finished that I need to get done. I'm half way through a Bonnie Hunter quilt and am just waiting on our own QB mystery quilt by Judy to start but then I am not making any new quilts until I finish what I have piling up. My LQS classes don't start again until February after our school holidays here in Australia so maybe I can get some finishes - here goes - fingers crossed.