Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2015 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2015 UFO Challenge of the Month

2015 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 12-15-2015, 08:05 PM

There will be 2016 UFO Challenge of the Month. I am hoping someone else will be in charge next year because I don't think I will be able to devote as much time to it as I would like. You just need to volunteer and then on Dec. 31 or Jan 1, start a new thread with this title and just change the year. :-) The 'rules' are on page 1. You can copy and/or change if you think something needs changing. This is a good thread and really helps all of us get those UFO's finished.
Old 12-15-2015, 08:21 PM

What a great total! I think I need to hire a personal trainer. They can run me around the block for exercise and then sit there while I finish a project! : )
Old 12-16-2015, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Notwendy View Post
What a great total! I think I need to hire a personal trainer. They can run me around the block for exercise and then sit there while I finish a project! : )
LOL! Notwendy...when you finish with that trainer...send him/her over to me!
Old 12-16-2015, 01:57 PM

Dear UFO Challenge Train riders... Hurray! Good news... I am officially handing over the driving of the UFO Challenge Train to a new engineer. Janice McC has volunteered to steer her on down the track for 2016. She will start a new thread when this one ends on the 30th of Dec. Hope all of you will hop on board again for another year-long ride of filling up those box cars with lots of finished and no-longer UFO's! Please welcome her. I will continue to try my hardest to get more than 2 UFO's done in the next year and hope you can all outdo me. I will give you the final count on Wednesday Dec. 30th!
Old 12-16-2015, 02:56 PM

I so need to hop aboard this train. I think I will take a really hard inventory of all my unfinished projects and anything older than 6 months I am going to consider it a UFO. This will sort of serve as my check off list.
Old 12-16-2015, 03:02 PM
Power Poster

Thanks Janice McC for taking on this thread...I am going to get those UFO projects out of the baskets and onto beds in 2016...I'm hitching onto your train....
Old 12-16-2015, 05:33 PM

I have not been here in months and just got back to continue oohing and aahing the great finished pieces. I have missed a lot and enjoyed the show. I haven't posted the three projects I did finish since last here and if I get around to it before year's end I'll do so. I seem to have lost my quilting mojo during the last few months and "not in the mood" for sewing. Do any of you get into such a funk? Very disheartening! But your lovely projects have given me inspiration and I thank you. Hope to join Janice McC for 2016.
Old 12-16-2015, 05:39 PM

Thanks SandyinZ4 for hosting this thread. Thanks Janice McC for taking it over.

Evie, I get in the 'no sewing' funk too. Now that I have the majority of my scrap sorting done, I hope to get back into the swing of sewing.

Connie
Old 12-17-2015, 06:50 AM

Did you hear that thud? I just fell off but got up quickly. I needed backing for a Twister table topper and while at the website found backing for Bonnie Hunter's Mystery 2015 too. A few other items jumped in the cart so that was the thud. Not bad. But I did just get two quilts back from LAQ and need to bind. Will post before Christmas. I guess it was a replenishment!
Old 12-17-2015, 10:36 AM

I plan on joining for 2016. First thing I need to do is tabulate all my UFOs! I didn't have all that many at the start of the year, but I have a lot of them now. My goal will be to make sure I finish up all those that were started before Jan 1st - before the next Jan 1st. though maybe I'll freak out a bit once I corral them all LOL!!!