Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2015 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2015 UFO Challenge of the Month

2015 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 12-27-2015, 05:35 PM

With finishes by J.M. and CarrieM, our total is 291.
WMUteach, if you knew how many UFO's you finished this year, we could add it to the total. :-) Still have 3 days left to add to our count.
Old 12-28-2015, 02:30 AM

Okay, here's my attempt to post two pictures of my finished quilt. One's the entire quilt, the other one is a detail picture.
Attached Thumbnails icy-irish-chain-af-27-dec-2015.jpg   icy-irish-chain-af-detail.jpg  
Old 12-28-2015, 07:23 AM
Power Poster

Hand quilting adds such a special touch....I'd love to see it in real life as I don't think any picture would do it justice....
Old 12-28-2015, 08:25 AM
Power Poster

Double post

Last edited by oksewglad; 12-28-2015 at 08:28 AM.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:21 AM

WMUTeach, moving will do that for you. I know when we moved into our new house, just over two years ago not, I was shocked at the number of kits I found; 32 of them. I have not started a single one. This is in addition to my UFO's. So do kits you have had around for years, and I mean years, count as a UFO?

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Well ladies, I have not posted any photos this year, can't seem to get them "up" but I have finished a number of UFO's, and not created any more then finished and gifted more quilts. I look forward to 2016 and clearing away more! Moving in January so my quilting time is limited but the move will give me the opportunity to gather all unfinished projects into one place, again. Then tackle a few more while I make progress with the quilts I have planned for family and friends.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:23 AM

J.M. Congrats on the finish. I really like the detail you added with the hand quilting and the shamrock in the middle of each block.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:28 AM

I am in the process of getting all my UFO together into one place. I plan on photographing them and posting pictures on January 1st. What is really sad is that as I have been been gathering my UFO's some only need the binding and then then they are done.
Old 12-28-2015, 12:45 PM

Well, you could look at it as a positive that with just a little work, you could have multiple finishes quickly. You'll start 2016 with a bang!

Originally Posted by Anoka Quilter View Post
I am in the process of getting all my UFO together into one place. I plan on photographing them and posting pictures on January 1st. What is really sad is that as I have been been gathering my UFO's some only need the binding and then then they are done.
Old 12-28-2015, 01:31 PM

Maybe I should make it my goal that I get all my bindings done in January.
Old 12-28-2015, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Hand quilting adds such a special touch....I'd love to see it in real life as I don't think any picture would do it justice....
I'm actually surprised at how well it comes across in the picture - at least the detail one. But yes, in real life you can see it better. On the other hand, maybe it's a good thing you can't see my stitches too well I definitely need to improve there, but that will come with time and practise.

Originally Posted by Anoka Quilter View Post
J.M. Congrats on the finish. I really like the detail you added with the hand quilting and the shamrock in the middle of each block.
Thank you! Originally I wasn't going to do the shamrocks, but that looked too bare. It was a lot of extra work (and just when you think you've finished, as I decided it when I was on my second to last border), but I am really glad I did it in the end. It gives it that finishing touch.