2016 Fabric Moratorium

Old 11-20-2016, 09:29 AM

Still struggling here, have been off the board, preoccupied with tests.............gratefully oops..............husband just walked into room,..............doing some cleaning out.........got to grab him when I can.................calla
Old 11-20-2016, 09:43 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by calla View Post
...husband just walked into room,..got to grab him when I can.................calla
Well it sure sounds like you are having fun!
Old 11-22-2016, 02:57 PM
Power Poster

Everyone is pretty quiet. If you are in the states, must be cooking. Or cleaning. Or cooking AND cleaning.(or grabbing your spouse ) Well, if nothing else, we don't have time to shop!
Old 11-22-2016, 03:16 PM

I've been off for 4 days. I tried to clean off my quilting machine and start quilting a throw quilt. I got side tracked with going to my niece's place to pick up 2 barn kittens. I have been busy getting them used to our place and 2 dogs. One of my dogs will get along with the cats well. The other dog needs more work and smell time. She thinks they are live chew toys. She is not guarding the door anymore at lease. The kitten are skittish still. They are so cute and small.
Old 11-22-2016, 03:36 PM
Power Poster

Today I did pick up a yard to match the panel I bought last week...Will use for Christmas gifts...don't have to clean this year, but cooking tomorrow.
Old 11-22-2016, 03:59 PM
Power Poster

Found out yesterday that my BIL's son cut part of his hand off with a table saw at work. He is in hospital in San Francisco. I already have a quilt in the works for BIL (DP9 with Eagles), and I decided to make a DP9 with Panda Bears for his wife. SO today I ordered some deer and duck fabric to make a DP9 for the injured nephew.

ALso my dog had surgery today and it didn't go as well as hoped - she lost her K9 after all but the vet thinks she got all the cancer. What else says recovery than mom buying fabric, right?
Old 11-23-2016, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
Found out yesterday that my BIL's son cut part of his hand off with a table saw at work. He is in hospital in San Francisco. I already have a quilt in the works for BIL (DP9 with Eagles), and I decided to make a DP9 with Panda Bears for his wife. SO today I ordered some deer and duck fabric to make a DP9 for the injured nephew.

ALso my dog had surgery today and it didn't go as well as hoped - she lost her K9 after all but the vet thinks she got all the cancer. What else says recovery than mom buying fabric, right?
Eek!! Made me wince just hearing about the arm. Didn't you say BIL's wife have health issues too? That's a lot on those people's plate. The quilts will be wonderful for them to snuggle into and be comforted during this trying time.

And your poor dog too. Hopefully they did get all the cancer and knowing dogs she won't mind you buying a piece or two of fabric. She'll be happy your happy!
Old 11-23-2016, 03:17 PM
Power Poster

Sorry to hear about your string of bad luck, Martina. I do agree with the fabric therapy. When both my parents were ill, I didn't have time to sew, but I could run out on my lunch break and buy a yard of fabric. I can honestly say that it helped!
Hope things improve.
Old 11-23-2016, 06:13 PM
Power Poster

Thanks. The nephew has a bit of luck in that his re-attached thumb is pink all the way to the tip. A good indicator that he may keep it. Sadie is doing OK - snuck in to get a bite of cat food which is a sign of normal behavior for her.

Yes, BIL's wife is scheduled for surgery in two weeks. Poor BIL has a lot to deal with.

We were supposed to go to friends' for turkey day but decided to stay home with the sick pup. So now I have to figure out what to make for dinner. It will most likely be a crockpot meal. I am going to try something new and DH is always game - very adventurous when it comes to food. Lucky me!

I am hoping to get some sewing time in during the next 4 days. I need some me time.

Wishing you all a happy Thanksgiving.
Old 11-24-2016, 06:24 AM

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Will wish everyone a little sewing time this holiday and weekend!