Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2017 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 06-01-2017, 06:10 AM

Great finishes, Belfrybat!

Anne, I love your garlic knots. That navy works really well as a background.
Old 06-01-2017, 06:26 AM

Oh, my goodness, Jaba! How many does that make? Six or should it be 9 UFO finishes? Each is lovely in its own way but my favorite is the sentimental one...the scrappy quilt you cut in quarters and finished for the "kids". Congratulations on excellent UFO finishes! Toot, Toot!
Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Finally have some time to post my May finishes, 3 quilts, these needed quilting and binding, 2 table spiral runners, had them sewn together but needed quilted and binding. Bill's family was all here the past 4 days for graduation. This scrappy was the last quilt his Mother was doing before she passed away. 4 kids, so I cut it in 4 pieces, quilted them and finished so each one of them could have a piece. The other 3 are on their way home with the new owners.[ATTACH=CONFIG]573753[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]573754[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]573755[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]573756[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]573757[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]573758[/ATTACH]

Last edited by Janice McC; 06-01-2017 at 06:35 AM.
Old 06-01-2017, 06:34 AM

Congratulations and Toot, Toot, QM for your UFO finish. Twelve years in the making but it's done and lovely. Also congrats on your wins
Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
I finished another one. It has been in the works 12 years or so. They are left over blocks from another fairy frost hunter star pattern I did. They just did not fit there. I found some of the copper fairy frost in closeout at the quilt store, grabbed it, made one last block, put these together and it sat. Now it is done 100%. Yes, I sewed on my binding again and did an edge to edge. I like the quilting from this panto. It was fun, easy enough and had just the right color thread to work, a copper micro quilter thread. Used it in the bobbin as well so both sides show nicely. [ATTACH=CONFIG]573845[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]573846[/ATTACH]
And here is a brag, my wedding dress won at the Chewelah quilt show and so did my customer's quilt. Just thought I would share.[ATTACH=CONFIG]573847[/ATTACH]
Old 06-01-2017, 06:41 AM

Beautiful quilt, Anne2016. Love it! Congratulations and Toot, Toot on a UFO finish!
Originally Posted by anne2016 View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]573902[/ATTACH]

Finished! Garlic Knots is the block pattern.
Folded over my clothesline. Took a lot of pics but the wind kept lifting the quilt ends. Lucky to get one photo and the colors aren't showing well.
Old 06-01-2017, 06:49 AM

Belfrybat, nice finishes! The brown is really beautiful. Personally, I think brown is underutilized in quilts and this one is a beautiful, rich brown. Nice choice! Congratulations on your two UFO finishes and a double Toot, Toot for you!
Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
I just looked through the last four pages -- what wonderful finishes! As usual I am lagging behind.

I finally have a finish, and might have another this evening. Nothing like sneaking in at the last minute. This is a spicy spiral tablerunner that is one of 6 I cut out last year.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]573929[/ATTACH]

I am half-way through binding a quilt, and hope to finish this evening. If I do I'll post it.
Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
The spicy spiral is one of my favourites. No seams to match, makes up fast but looks difficult. My kind of of project!
Well I got my hiney in gear and finished binding the brown and batik quilt. Another project done. I have been busy this month quilting three others, but they either aren't UFOs or they still need binding.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]573951[/ATTACH]
Old 06-01-2017, 06:56 AM

Ok, everyone, do we have any last minute UFO finishes for May? If so, please go ahead and post them letting me know they were finished in MAY so I can add them to the month's tally. I'll give everyone a few days to get posts made and pix in if you've got them.

WMUTeach, do you have pix of your two finishes? We'd love to see them.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:45 AM

Nice job Belfrybat. I love that zinger you used. Batiks are always a favorite. Beautiful job.
Old 06-02-2017, 03:26 PM

I love everyone's completed UFO's. All so pretty and lovely. Too many to just pic one. Nice job everyone. Hopefully in June I will feel in better shape to complete a few projects. I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend.
Old 06-02-2017, 04:00 PM

Janice, our great leader, I do have a May finish and I posted of it once a while back. About a top that I finished and gave to my cousin the long armer to quilt as a charity quilt in 2015. She recently return it to me un-quilted just sandwiched. So, I decided that I would quilt it with my walking foot on my 401A. I did get that done last weekend during VQW campaign from the QB. Now all I have to do is a pix. Which I always ask help from my DGD. will get that posted.

Also, I notice your new icon pictured here and it's very lovely.

Happy sewing everyone
Old 06-03-2017, 04:40 AM

QuilterMomma, Congratulations on your fine showing/wins. The quilt and quilting are just wonderful. Love them and thanks for sharing.
Karen