Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2017 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 01-17-2017, 02:41 PM

Kass, you crack me up. Pod.
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I live in OK, I don't shovel snow, it will melt soon. If anyone sees me shoveling snow, look for the pod, there will be a pod b/c I've done been body snatched. lol lol lol I do work for a living (as in not retired) but if there is to much snow to go, so be it, I'll wait. lol
Old 01-17-2017, 02:43 PM

If you haven't yet done so, check out Barb's Birthday Candy swap on the QB. We exchange 2 1/2 inch squares and there are lots of posts of ideas over there if you scroll through. Also, tons of ideas on pinterest.
Originally Posted by wildyard View Post
Putting away fabrics from a box that had collected the leftovers from several of last years quilts, I came across stacks of 2.5" squares. Some were already in 9Ps, some in strips of 2 or 3, and many still single squares. I have these from 2 different quilts, one in pastels, and one in reds, blacks and whites.
I am eager to see your finish for ideas of how to use these squares!
Old 01-17-2017, 02:46 PM

Love the flags; I look forward to seeing it finished. How long have you had the blocks? How do you plan to quilt it?
Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
PatriceJ, love your quilt and retro fabrics. I am also admire Belfrybat's Easy Street and her color collection.
Wonderful snowman project Mtnmama.

I managed to piece 80 blocks of my Nautical UFO quilt over the weekend. It is a throw size and didn't call for a border so I may just put it in a sandwich just as it is...[ATTACH=CONFIG]565925[/ATTACH]
Old 01-17-2017, 02:48 PM

NEVER too late to join! Welcome! Pick the easiest one or the one needing the least work to give yourself an easy finish.
Originally Posted by Shorebird View Post
I am a tad bit late..................and cannot do one a month, but I can finish SOME of my UFO's this year...........just started quilting for others, o my free time is now limited.
Old 01-17-2017, 03:07 PM

like your Quilt Jmoore
Old 01-17-2017, 03:38 PM

So fun seeing and hearing about all the ufo completions. Kristijoy..(pg 18 post # 171) Wow! What a roll you are on. I will never know what an empty shelf looks like. Belfrybat, (pg 18 post # 178) Really looking forward to your quilting spree. PatriceJ (pg 19 post # 184) your first finish is wonderful. I like that pattern and it looks like it would be a great one for me to use to showcase some of my cat fabrics (in the squares). Your 2nd finish is superb, also! Mtnmama1955, I love your snowman bookmark. Like you said, even if it is little it is finished. I am going to keep trying to make time to check in on here. I have missed all of you!
Old 01-17-2017, 03:53 PM

All done with Patchwork Party 2013!

These pre-cut blocks were collected in 2013. I made a few and let them sit, made a few more, and let them sit some more. Gotta love the aging process. I finished all of them mid '15, but hated the finishing kit that I had purchased = more sitting. I finally settled on this setting, found a block design for the middle and designed borders around the center; which required more sitting to figure out how and to be brave enough to conquer them. Months passed by, like many of my UFOs. I finally put it all together last year and shipped it off immediately to Charisma for custom quilting. More months...and finally at 1am today, I finished the binding. Whew and woo hoo!
Attached Thumbnails patchwork-party-2013-01.17.17.jpg  
Old 01-17-2017, 04:59 PM

Fraew, nice finish.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:24 PM

jmoore, Beautiful quilt! I love the colors and the nautical theme. Simply beautiful!!
Old 01-17-2017, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Fraew View Post
All done with Patchwork Party 2013!

These pre-cut blocks were collected in 2013. I made a few and let them sit, made a few more, and let them sit some more. Gotta love the aging process. I finished all of them mid '15, but hated the finishing kit that I had purchased = more sitting. I finally settled on this setting, found a block design for the middle and designed borders around the center; which required more sitting to figure out how and to be brave enough to conquer them. Months passed by, like many of my UFOs. I finally put it all together last year and shipped it off immediately to Charisma for custom quilting. More months...and finally at 1am today, I finished the binding. Whew and woo hoo!
I love this!! Isn't it funny how some quilts require "sitting" time for us to figure out how it will come together? I have a few that I am still mulling the best next step.