2018 Fabric Moratorium

Old 11-01-2018, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Irishrose2 View Post
I will have to look at my policy again. I read it as only covering one class a week. I don't know if the Y found a new instructor for their Senior Fit classes or if they on Priority's list. The Pilates is at a rehab place that also holds classes.
Check with your insurance company. Mine (United Health Care) covers as many times you go. No limit on the number. They pay a set amount to the Fitness Center or Senior Center that contracts with the insurance company. There are many exercise things covered ... the workout machines, Zumba, pilates, yoga, classes, dance classes, etc. It's really a great benefit for us.
Old 11-02-2018, 03:42 PM

Oh dear! I just ordered the Quilted Twins package of Good Fortune. It just looked so yummy. $97.00 with shipping. How many pushups do I have to do for that?

Almost finished with Allietare and all of that was out of the stash.
'
Marcia
Old 11-02-2018, 03:55 PM

I love the colors of this current BH mystery, Battleaxe.... It's so me...I probably have all the fabric for it...just not the time. I'll be downloading the pattern just in case I go for it later.

5 push-ups should do it. I would say more but you are going to use these right away in the mystery so they aren't really going to stash. Plus, digging through stash to find all fabrics needed for her mysteries is a pain... You'd probably end up doing a bunch of push ups just lifting, squatting and digging thru stash... Lol..
Old 11-02-2018, 05:42 PM

I have a confession to make and this boo-boo will require at least a dozen push-ups. I made my first fabric purchase since 12/17. I bought a king size flat sheet that is in great condition on sale for $1.50 and I had a $1.00 coupon from my neighborhood thrift shop. It will make at least 4 crib sheets.... I just couldn't resist. So... here goes the push-ups! I still have tons of stash, so if I climb back on the wagon or another year or two, maybe I'll finally see a part of the floor in my spare bedroom!
Old 11-07-2018, 06:56 AM

Climb back on board Silly Susan. Those sheets are huge so would be hard to pass up when you can find a nice one.
Battleaxe enjoy your package - after pushups of course
Old 11-07-2018, 07:58 AM

I just recently found and joined the Quilting Board but I have been trying not to add to the stash and use up fabrics as I can. About the only fabric I have purchased this year was from the Quilt Guilds "Mall in the Hall" sale. I make bags for OCC shoeboxes and have made close to 200 this year using up fabric on hand. Also several quilts made from the stash. And it still doesn't seem like I have made much of a dent. I have sorted my many scrap bins by color and have started making string blocks for a future quilt. If I use all of the scraps I should have enough for many quilts.
Old 11-07-2018, 08:44 AM

Welcome to the board, LindaJane, and to the moritorium thread. It sounds like you are already focused on stash busting and doing a great job at it. 200 shoeboxes? wonderful and..wow...very giving of your time and efforts. One of the many things I love about the members of the board is their genuine giving hearts. You fit right in. Will look forward to seeing your work and rooting you on as you attempt to use your stash...
Old 11-07-2018, 08:56 AM

I decided to stop this thread early. I want to buy new fabric for the BHMQ this year. I went through my stash a few weeks ago and noted I don't have enough of any of the colors for the entire quilt. So I will likely go out and buy all the fabric at a LQS. I will be exchanging out 2 of her colors. I'm not into red or orange. I'll see what the store has. I'm hoping this is not a design for children, with the size I'm really wondering. I know as always, time will tell. Have fun and congrates everyone on keeping with staying on the wagon. Great job this year everyone.
Old 11-07-2018, 12:43 PM
Power Poster

Yes and welcome LindaJane! It sounds like you have made the commitment many of us have...use what we have when we can. As mentioned many times on the thread...we aren't here to quit buying fabric, but to use what we have and buy when we need to. Sounds like happylab, checked her stash first and then needed to supplement what she didn't have.
Old 11-07-2018, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by elly66 View Post
Climb back on board Silly Susan. Those sheets are huge so would be hard to pass up when you can find a nice one.
Thanks for your kind words, Elly66. I did all my push-ups and now I'm back on the wagon and praying for restrain in the fabric departments of all stores but I may have to enter my local Hobby Lobby for rotary blades and their fabric is right there! I'll try to keep my eyes shut as I pass by all the beautiful bolts calling my name!