2018 Fabric Moratorium

Old 11-16-2018, 04:31 PM
Power Poster

Thanks PaperPrincess..this moratorium thread is good for the soul as well as the bank account. Thanks for being a wonderful hostess.
Old 11-21-2018, 05:31 AM
Power Poster

Here we are! The day before the day before US Black Friday (although I have to tell you we watch a bunch of Canadian TV, and all their stores are talking about black Friday sales too). Friday will be the 'official' end of the moratorium, but it's up to you if you want to continue your fabric diet until the end of the year, or partake in the year end sales. I was pretty good for several weeks, then went to a class & purchased a couple yards of sale fabric, then to make matters worse, we went to the thrift store yesterday. I got a 2 yard piece of gorgeous swirly green fabric, LQS brand, with Metallic Gold Dots. $0.75. How could I resist?
On another note, Conchalea has stepped up and will be the hostess with the mostest for next year's moratorium. Thanks so much!!!
So what are your fabric plans for the tail end of 2018? Naughty or nice?
Old 11-21-2018, 06:05 AM
Power Poster

Thank you Conchalea for leading us on another year. I think I will be nice...I know the sales are tempting, but I have way too much fabric to use up!

Score on the Metallic Gold dot fabric, Paper Princess and thanks again for spearheading the group for the past few years!
Old 11-21-2018, 07:28 AM

I have two special stockings to do for new family members out of felt. Other than that I don't have any projects pending so hopefully will be able to get some ufos and stashbusting done as I will have time off around Christmas. I did get my rug done and started another with leftover strips from other rugs so will be multi colors. My daughter is a thrift store shopping extrodinaire so she is always bringing me fabric and even some quilt tops so may try to get some of the tops completed for charity projects.
Old 11-21-2018, 11:23 AM

Thank you PP for hosting this year...and thank you Conchalea for taking the reins for next year. I plan to stay on track with discipline in my shopping. However, I need a bunch of pale pink fabrics for an applique project ai want to do. I am not a pink person but this project is adorable in all soft pinks and grays..a bit of soft tan. I don't need much...just a small sampling of several pinks so I might head out on BF and see what I can find. Other than that, I have 5 projects, each with of stacked fabric, ready to go so I think I'm good for awhile...

PP...awesome find on at thrift store. I need to go to one...I hear so many stories of great finds there.
Old 11-21-2018, 12:44 PM

Thank you Conchelea
Old 11-21-2018, 03:50 PM

I know everyone on this thread will continue supporting & encouraging each other on next year’s moratorium.

I haven't decided if ill if I’ll be naughty or nice at the official end of the moratorium. My birthday is the first week of Dec, AFTER the moratorium is over, of course. I’m still working on my Hanging Garden & once it’s finished I’ll have to decide what I want to work on next. That will determine my fabric purchases.
Old 11-21-2018, 06:30 PM

I'm going to try to be nice and not go to any place in which I may be tempted.

Thanks, Conchalea, for hosting next years' moratorium. I need all the encouragement y'all hand out so graciously. And, thanks again, PaperPrincess, for your hosting this years' moratorium. I do appreciate it greatly.
Old 11-21-2018, 06:57 PM
Power Poster

Okay...so I lied...or should I say I failed. I finished off a bolt of sale fabric and bought a yard of another sale fabric! and it's not Black Friday yet! I know I'm excused, but really, G, how could you?
Old 11-22-2018, 08:37 AM

PaperPrincess- thanks for hosting!

And thanks to Conchalea for stepping up to host next year.

My plans for the rest of this year are to continue (a much as possible) with my own personal moratorium as I've got all the fabric I need to complete my current projects. I may have to buy a small amount for the potholders I've got planned for my barn friends, but other than that I'm set.

I will definitely be participating in next year's moratorium. Even though I've occasionally fallen off the wagon, I have definitely seen a reduction in my stash and a conversion of my shopping habits from buying "just because" to buying with an eye to what my stash needs to have in order to be "most useful" for the kinds of things I like to do. My stash has gotten a bit smaller and more manageable in my small space and my pocketbook is very happy with the relatively smaller cash outlays.

Happy Day everyone!

Rob