2018 Fabric Moratorium

Old 04-26-2018, 09:09 AM

Those look great Krista! Glad you were able to get the fabrics you needed.

Rob
Old 04-27-2018, 03:55 AM
Power Poster

Love your quilts, Krista! I also saw that free shipping at MSQC. I put some stuff in my basket, then deleted it all. Phew! That was close!
Old 04-27-2018, 04:16 AM
Power Poster

Been on vacation a whole week and really have done well. 3 shops visited- purchased 2 wool fatquarters for a bom I’m working on- I didn’t have a couple colors I need for flowers, problem solved. Second shop picked up a skein of white yarn I need for a crocheted basket I was asked to make.
3 rd shop grabbed (2) gift items for secret santa pkgs and 5 half yard pieces for the French Braid quilt I’ve been commissioned to make ( need a 12- color run, have 5 of the 12 so far) oh, I bought a book too { sometimes I think I need a book/ pattern moratorium more than a fabric one}
i have a couple new baby quilts to make and this book has great appliqué patterns for those - I tried to find panels to use but didn’t find what I needed.
today is our last day and we will be visiting the 8- mile Crafters loop in Gatlinburg, Tn. I know there is at least one quilt shop. Hopefully I will find a couple more items I need.
Old 04-27-2018, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by rryder View Post
Belfry, this brings up something that perhaps we should consider as a group. Would it be appropriate for someone who hasn't used all their exemptions or doesn't plan to use them to perhaps donate them to someone else? For example, if Paperprincess only used her retreat exemption but not her travel exemption, perhaps she could donate the travel exemption to you should you find yourself in a predicament where you need an exemption while not traveling.

Shall I make the motion? And if so, is there a second???

Sincerely,
Rob
I second the motion! And I know this is all in jest. OTOH, although we are committed to not buying fabric capriciously, I think we also need to have fun. And yes, there are times I will buy a piece of fabric because it is too gorgeous or a bargain to pass up. Is that "breaking the rules"? Probably but buying a couple of pieces of fun fabric a year is so much better than buying every month like I used to.
Old 04-27-2018, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
Love your quilts, Krista! I also saw that free shipping at MSQC. I put some stuff in my basket, then deleted it all. Phew! That was close!
Way to go! I'm so glad you didn't fall off the wagon!!
Old 04-27-2018, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
I second the motion! And I know this is all in jest. OTOH, although we are committed to not buying fabric capriciously, I think we also need to have fun. And yes, there are times I will buy a piece of fabric because it is too gorgeous or a bargain to pass up. Is that "breaking the rules"? Probably but buying a couple of pieces of fun fabric a year is so much better than buying every month like I used to.

Prezactly...
Old 04-28-2018, 08:15 AM

ooooh! I saw a jelly roll of fabric at Tuesday Morning. Picked it up.....very pretty and left the store empty handed. Then, this morning I received an e-mail that they will be on sale. I think it was $19.99 or something that sounded really good! But, as long as I don't get in the car, I think I'll be okay! Plus, if I want to "go shopping", I can just go to my sewing room. There's plenty of fabric there that needs to be touched! HA! Another week almost done! Yipee!
Old 04-28-2018, 10:16 AM

The fan quilt is finished - actually it was done over the weekend, but it needed a lot of trimming. I also worked on a Spicy Spiral runner last weekend and it's finished and in the mail.
Fan quilt finished
Yet another Spicy Spiral
Old 04-28-2018, 02:33 PM

Hello all....

Krisb....gorgeous quilts!!!

proud of you all on your personal restraints. I am so excited!!! I found the green and background fabric for my Baltimore Album quilt at a fabulous LQS in Boise. Only the red fabric to go!!! Only bought one additional FQ bundle for stash cuz...come on...everyone need polka dots...
Old 04-28-2018, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
ooooh! I saw a jelly roll of fabric at Tuesday Morning. Picked it up.....very pretty and left the store empty handed. Then, this morning I received an e-mail that they will be on sale. I think it was $19.99 or something that sounded really good! But, as long as I don't get in the car, I think I'll be okay! Plus, if I want to "go shopping", I can just go to my sewing room. There's plenty of fabric there that needs to be touched! HA! Another week almost done! Yipee!
Good for you, NoraB! Great idea to remember to shop our stashes when the urge to add fabric turns us to the quilt shops. I'm sorting (trying to, anyway) tubs and boxes of scraps and getting them ready to turn into quilt tops. I worked on this project all week and I am still neck deep into fabric piles. Yikes!! If I disappear, I hope somebody thinks about looking under the avalanche for my body! No new purchases for me for a whole year. I am taking the pledge very seriously.