Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36 45 46 47 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1155

Thread: 2018 UFO Challenge of the Month

QM hoping you are feeling better soon.

WMUTeach great and lovely finish.

Welcom back Dedemac.

I’m still working on my 9-patch. I need to stop and complete a UFO 1st today. It will be a small one. I will post pic when I’m done. Happy sewing everyone.

That table runner is looking good Dedemac!

I'm trying to get a t-shirt quilt put together and finished for my cousin's 75 birthday in late Oct. I started it 3 years ago, got the t-shirts stabilized and everything cut out, and there it sat. I've managed to get the pieces up on my design wall, just have to measure for fill strips and piece it together, but for some reason I'm finding it hard to make myself work on it -- guess that's why it's been a UFO for the last 3 years

Rob
    1955 Singer Featherweight 221/ Late 60's early 70's White Selectronic 970/
    1975 Kenmore 158.1914/ 1981 Brother VX560/ Brother PC420PRW/
    Brother PQ1500s/ HQSweetSixteen

Good to see you, Dedemac... Beautiful table runner...

Rob....I think I did the same thing with those brown orphan blocks as you are doing with t-shirt quilt. It felt like I was in a rut with them so I get the lack of motivation. If you recall, I donated the blocks but you can't really do that with the t-shirts. Lol...

I completed all 12 Santa applique blocks. I'm almost sad that they are done cuz they were so much fun. I'm on to layout and deciding on pieced blocks. I'm not thrilled with the pattern layout...
    Quilting therapy for the therapist...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Thanks all, I did finish the runner! Will post a final picture after it comes out of the laundry.

Happy October everyone, time for a change of season.

Teen- donation is definitely not an option, though I wish it was. I think you're right about why I'm finding it so tedious. Can't wait to see your Santa quilt!

Yay Dedemac! Looking forward to seeing it.

Rob

Name:  scrappy diamonds.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  1.13 MBAfter seeing everyone else's UFOs I don't feel nearly so bad. I only have 6 or 7, or maybe 10! This one is off to the quilter! Yay!
    Hi ho, Hi ho, it's off to sew I go!

Oh my goodness, I love these!
    Hi ho, Hi ho, it's off to sew I go!

Another UFO quilt top finished and ready to donate to my church group to sandwich, etc. Wahoo!

Once again, I used donated 9 patches and I added the sashing and non 9 patch blocks. I wish I knew who donated these so I could tell the person that I am using the blocks.

This makes my third quilt from the 9 patches and I am working on the final one now.

Name:  5A826900-B7E5-4347-81E8-CBE54D1EFA4D.jpeg
Views: 220
Size:  217.2 KB
    Connie

That's going to be gorgeous, Mizgoodie.

I like the way you used those donation blocks, Connie!

Rob

Awesome finishes, ladies. Mozgoodie....really cool colors and perfect pattern for colorway.

retiredteach....fantastic layout. Looks so neat.......

Santa quilt ready to be quilted..... Gonna try my hand at scalloped edge....any guidance is appreciated. I suck at math..
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

FYI: VQW started today, to those who normally follow.

I just love the finishes and progress being made.

Rob, I think doing tee shirt quilts are boring too. I still have 2 to make for myself. But it's not high on my list of priorities.

Yea, lets hear it for October and the start of the holiday season. Yea. Notice I did not say cool weather.

Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends!!!!!

Wonderful finishes, happylab, wmuteach, dedmac, mizgoodie, retiredteacher !!!

I completed a Halloween wall hanging. Started it from a shop-hop 5 years ago! I also finished another calendar month for my birthday calendar, so I have June July and November left to complete. However, I'm calling the August month calender a mini finish. Smile.
    SEW MUCH FUN!

I have actually gotten a little more done on the UFO T-shirt quilt. Am getting all the squares trimmed up and playing with them on the design wall. Also decided that there will be room for some more of the t-shirts that I had initially decided not to use, but since I'm doing away with some (maybe all) of the sashing there will be room for some more. Am currently waiting for some more stabilizer to arrive before I can work on the remaining t-shirts. Hopefully the stabilizer will be here tomorrow, so I can get a move on at least getting the top completed in time for her birthday...

Rob

I dropped off another QOV to the LA today and made the label and binding so I'll be ready. Also, started quilting my Santa quilt on my domestic this week. So, still, no UFO's for me this year. Hard to believe based on the quilt projects I decided to do. As a result, I did not make near as many quilts this year. Many a "Stack O'fabric" are glaring at me to get on it...lol...

Another UFO finish!

I finally used up all of the 9 patch donation blocks! I am so happy. 4 quilts: 66, 56, 66, and 90 used for a total of 278. I designed this pattern to use up the last 89 blocks but I found one more in the box so now 2 blocks are sewn on blue squares. Lol!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Connie

Blog Entries
    What a relief that all the 9P's are soon out the door, Connie. Those quilts will warm someone up...especially as the cold has crept in on us! I heard MrOk saw the dreaded "s" word in the air this morning!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

Retired....well done on utilizing your 9P collection so beautifully. You certainly stayed focused to get this done. Congratulations...these will be well loved.

Blog Entries
    mizgoodie...how did I miss your string quilt...is it a scrap buster? Kudo's to getting it finished!

I have one project started and finished in the past 2 months....no UFO on that one! Won't be getting at any more UFO's as I started another quilt last night (queen size) and a couple of mini's that have been waiting in the wings (in other words fabric all collected in a zip lock) for years--maybe I can count the latter as a UFO...pattern and fabric have been chosen all this time. The queen quilt I would like done by Thanksgiving...will see if that happens or not.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Love the finishes I see here. I just finished a Christmas table runner. I had all the blocks put together and just needed some line quilting on it. A little free motion and binding. Its done. And I did the binding on my machine. Another new to me skill I've just learned. This old dog is getting serious with new tricks! Now I'm working on 3 pillows for Christmas. Again mostly done but they need the finishing touches. I've shelved the 4 quilts that I've worked on forever to give me a needed break. I'm trying to clean up some ufo's before the end of the year then I'll get back to the 4 quilts.
    SEW MUCH FUN!

Good job, ladies!

Rhonda.....isn't binding that way, cool? I have been doing all my binding that way since I tried that technique. Others have said you shouldn't do it for competition quilts but I don't enter mine so who cares. And it looks nice. I started playing around with decorative stitching on the front when sewing it down. That looks cool, too. Saves a ton of time.

After I bind Santa, I get to start a new project. I have my eye on a Christmas tree quilt for a prezzie for neighbor. Using all stash...

Teen … I've tried to bind by machine before but it did not look so fine. This time was much better and so much faster. I'm hooked! My hands are starting to rebel with hand stitching so I gave in. I'm glad I did! I don't enter anything for show either, I get intimated by all the rules, but I certainly admire those who do and absolutely love the eye candy of show quilts. Oh my, some take my breath away. I also appreciate the unique talent and art of those of us who don't go that route too. Beautiful work.
    SEW MUCH FUN!

Blog Entries
    Like everything else...practice makes perfect...well better than just okay. I still like to hand stitch the binding down, but in baby quilts I machine stitch to make it more durable. No not perfectly done, but okay.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Retired - Aren't 9 patches great for a donation quilt and they are quick satisfaction. Easy to enjoy the piecing with them, and watch the patterns take shape.

Mizgoodie - Nice string quilt, I want to make one in the next year or two to use up some of my scraps.

Here is the promised picture of the table runner for Halloween. I finally was able to format the pictures for uploading.

Name:  DSCI0001cc.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  28.8 KB

Close up of some of the stitching.

Name:  DSCI4083cc.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  43.3 KB

And here is the progress on the Chemo quilt, just need to find the fabric for the binding (of course I ran out of what I want to use and I don't remember where I got it.)

Name:  DSCI4085cc.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  26.2 KB

Blog Entries
    "Itsy, bitsy spider"--nice finish Dedemac! I'm sure you can find some fabric to finish off the chemo quilt!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36 45 46 47 LastLast