Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 39 48 49 50 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1239

Thread: 2018 UFO Challenge of the Month

Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Conchalea View Post
    Another UFO averted in my house! I finished binding my version of Hanging Gardens this morning. I've been working on this for months and I was deteermined to finish it before the year's end. I do not want a quilt languishing around my sewing machine. If I quit working on it, I'm afraid I won't recall what I was doing with it.
    And you are absolutely correct to feel that way. Got to Fl and pulled out the Borealis tree quilt with the tessellated tree border, which only had about 1/2 blocks done. Now I can’t remember the order in which the colors change. There is a cryptic note, but can’t figure out what I meant by it. Just forge ahead. It might not be the exact design of the original, but it will still be good
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it difficult to plan the day.

Kris

Fabulous hanging gardens, ladies....... Conchalea....love the pointed border, as well. Both of your versions are beautiful.

Conchalea....are those fucia tennis shoes I see from behind quilt? Love them!!

krisb...... I hate when that happens...except, for me, it's buying fabric for a specific pattern then forgetting which pattern because it takes awhile for me to get to it. Ugh! Your work is exemplary so, no doubt, it will be wonderful...
    Last edited by Teen; 11-26-2018 at 06:37 PM.
    Quilting therapy for the therapist...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Battle Axe: Very pretty!
    Connie

Krista, I know myself well enough to be aware that I won’t recall my plan if I stop in the middle of a project. I always love your projects, so I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
    Teen, yep. Hot pink tennies. I wanted to make sure people see me coming!

Blog Entries
    Name:  20181127_120508_resized.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  408.2 KBThe threads are still messed up. Here it is again.

Wow, darlin....that is amazing!! The colors are so striking.....love it..
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Very pretty, Battle Axe! Congratulations on the finish!
    Connie

Battle Axe, gorgeous quilt!

Very pretty, Battle Axe!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Nice finish, Battle Axe.
    We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves. Buddha

I've been catching up with seeing what you all have been doing. Great and wonderful things I see! So much talent and wonderful skills. Love reading your posts. I've been busy with Mom and getting ready for our large family party for this weekend. So no finishes with UFOs. However, I've made 20 place mats and a large 100" table runner. My tables need an update. I have a lot of UFOs to finish for next year, one of them is to quilt
    Allietare. Its been waiting for a long time. I noticed one of you finished the same quilt. Love your colors. Love all what's been happing here. You do give me inspiration.
    SEW MUCH FUN!

That looks great- Nice finish, Battleaxe!

Rob
    1955 Singer Featherweight 221/ Late 60's early 70's White Selectronic 970/
    1975 Kenmore 158.1914/ 1981 Brother VX560/ Brother PC420PRW/
    Brother PQ1500s/ HQSweetSixteen

Blog Entries
    No pics to upload yet, but I have finished my ELf on Shelf quilt that has been sitting for a few years. So glad.

Sorry out of touch. Hard to find time to be on the thread much. Foot is better, finally out of the walking boot. Doc says is on the road to full healing. Now to behave.

I do have two UFOs waiting to be quilted and my runners need backing and quilted. Got some nearly there. Just have to stay focused. Customers need their quilts first this weekend. Oh the world of wonderful quilting.

Love some of those finishes. The hanging quilt blocks ones are so cool.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Not much completed for me, some work on 4 patches but not many. I don't seem to have any time to sew lately, it seems that my time is not mine own. Hoping to get reacquainted with my sewing machines soon.

QuilterMomma, I wish you the best at getting the 53 projects done. I understand on how long it takes to recover from a hurt back. DH has been struggling for a few weeks. Congratulations on the Elf quilt perfict time of year to finish it.

Judith 1005 That is so bright and cheerful and the back is perfect.

Battle Axe Nice quilt inspector on Autumn Sampler, yea another one almost finished. There are a couple of good books in the libraries that show how to determine what size setting triangle you need to cut. I've started to get some basic books for my home library, as I like to design my own quilts.
    I hate it when I think I cut the correct size and find it's too small!!

LarasAussies That castle quilt is too cute, I know a little girl that would love it. Love the whale quilt.

Kristakz Love the quilting on the PEI it just brings it together. You have my appluse for the BH quilts way to many pieces for me.

Conchalea Congratulations on the finishes!

I counted the projects started & completed in 2018. Using this thread as an inspiration to complete said projects has absolutely kept me on track! I hadn’t quilted for 3-4 years, except for some quilted bags & stockings for Christmas. But when I found the cut & paired pieces in my mom’s sewing things, the addiction gripped me again! I finished making a quilt from those pieces (all shades of purple). Then I made a Lone Star in wild colors, plus I made one of PaintmeJudy’s mystery quilts. I also made a Lattice Garden quilt, a Boxes of Strings quilt, & can now add the Hanging Garden quilt. So 6 quilts started & finished this year! I made 2 table runners, 2 art wall hangings for friends, & 6 placemats. It’s been a busy, productive year for me! I credit the people on this board & specifically on this thread for keeping me focused on finishing, not just starting, all these projects. So I don’t have anything to add to the UFO totals, but I prevented a slew of them!

Blog Entries
    What a year of completions! Good for you Conchalea...the satisfaction of finishing a project is the goal, whether it is a WIP or a UFO!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

Thanks, OKsewglad! The encourgement you & other members has helped me a lot. I have uncounted knit & crochet UFOs & I know how easy it would be for me to have quilt UFOs. I love to start projects, but finishing is harder for me. I especially put off binding.

Ufo ufo ufoooo!!!!

Impressive stats, Conchalea!! No UFO's for me this year. I finished everything I started, which is why I joined this challenge. I can see how easy it is to not complete something when there are gazillion fun projects waiting in the wings. Plus, for me, it helps that I may self-combust if I don't finish. Lol... I'll have to total mine up, too, but I know I made below average amount of quilts since I 2 projects were big projects and took longer. I only made 4 QOV this year where I typically make more but I chose more challenging patterns. My project list for next year is immense!

Teen, I don’t have a specific list of projects for next year. I do have a list of patterns I want to make, but if I set a specific list, I know I’ll encounter “squirrel!” and an unplanned project will supplant the listed ones. I do have a kit & a purchased pattern I want to start in 2019.

Blog Entries
    I gave myself some free spirit license today. I caught up completely with BHMQ. I had many little blocks that were too small, too wonky, too too. So I copied what Quilted Twins did. I sewed them all together and made what Quilted Twins calls a Hot Mess.

I've just got to get these things off the design wall and I do not want to toss them. So here is my Hot Mess so far.

Name:  20181205_160342_resized.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  272.7 KB
    Google Quilted Twins and request a picture of their Hot Mess. Theirs is quilted and done.

Battle Axe: I love how you are putting it together. I saw the quilt in their email and chuckled because I call those quilts my Orphan Block tops. I usually put some plain sashing in between the rows to calm the top down, however. Congratulations on catching up with all of the BHMQ blocks!

I still have my one UFO that I started in 2015, I think. I did 25 of the HST blocks that year and then the gal hosted another 25 the following year. I have the rows assembled with the sashing but it keeps getting pushed back on my finish list. I will probably be adding one more UFO to the 2019 list as the BOM went from January 2017 through February 2018. I figure I still have 2 more months to finish that one though.
    Connie

Thanks to a broken sewing machine, then a hand injury, I haven't had a finish in a few months until tonight. This one sat in the UFO pile for well over 10 years, but is finally finished. I made a separate post with the details.

Name:  20181206_214521-resized.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  153.4 KB

Blog Entries
    Thanks, retiredteacher. I'm worried about myself. I keep starting new projects. Yes, I do finish some, but the stack keeps growing.

There was a quilter I heard about who was not happy unless there was a stack of quilts ready to be quilted. What would she do if she got caught up? Probably languishing on a street corner somewhere.

Also got the kitchen cleaned out, all sorted and the shelves and cupboards painted. We did the office too, donated a lot of older quilting magazines to the library. Most of this is on the internet now. I have lots of space on the shelves now.

Words to the wise: Stay off the roof. Leave the leaves up there. My master gardener instructor slipped on an icy patch and shattered his left leg as he hit the backyard deck. Broke the ends off both bones and smashed the ankle. They had to delay surgery as it is still swollen. Prayers for Jeff B.

Marcia

Blog Entries
    Battle Axe I think I am the quilter with endless projects in the corner! A goal I should make for 2019 is for every quilt I start I need to finish one I have already started. I have so many ideas bouncing around in my little mind; so many "what if I....?" and look JJBlaine has just finished a lovely 10 year old project...there is hope...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 39 48 49 50 LastLast