2019 UFO Challenge

Old 01-17-2019, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Skipastitch View Post
Hi everyone, I am making this my main goal this year. I have a stack of quilt tops that need quilted, along with several in various stages. My first retreat is coming up at the beginning of March, I will be taking nothing but started quilts in hopes of finishing some.
That is my plan for my guild retreat the first week of April. Only take UFOs and finish some! This usually works well for me. I do it all but the hand stitching of my binding and that I take home with me to do during movie nights. Great minds are working together! I wish you well as you press forward with chasing down the UFO's!
Old 01-17-2019, 06:29 PM

sewbiz..those turned out wonderful. I donated my orphan blocks last year to a church group because I was sick of looking at them. Lol! Gave them extra fabrics, too, so they could create something. I typically do the same as you but I was so sick of brown. Lol... Congrats on the finishes and....the granddaughters..
Old 01-17-2019, 06:33 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Teen View Post
Congrats on the finishes and....the granddaughters..
Thanks! Today my daughter called and invited me to be at her big, nearly end-of-pregnancy ultrasound showing. She can invite in a few family members this time. I'm so excited! I'm going to see this baby girl in real time... Feb.1st! So far she's been a real acrobat during her ultrasounds.
Old 01-17-2019, 06:43 PM
Power Poster

I'm hand quilting one right now that sat for about three months. Also, I gave away twenty finished blocks, and mailed one to my sister to finish. (I asked her first). She is happy to have it since her favorite color is purple.
Attached Thumbnails springtime-tennessee.jpg   sues-purple-passion.jpg  
Old 01-17-2019, 06:43 PM

oh....that is so exciting, Sewbiz..... This munchkin is almost here. Yah!
Old 01-17-2019, 06:50 PM
Power Poster

I am so happy that giving them away counts as being done. There are also a couple that have been abandoned over the years.....
Old 01-17-2019, 06:58 PM
Power Poster

Those are so pretty, Boston.

Giving away counts as 'done'? Hmmm... I see a shortcut coming. That is, if I can snooker someone into taking them.
Old 01-17-2019, 11:36 PM

Today, I needed a new project, so I pulled a UFO off the shelf. There's getting to be a few empty holes up there. So I finished 2 blocks and decided it's going to dye because I'm getting bored already. So change of plans & back at it. At least making progress toward finishing this UFO.

At the retreat in April, I'll take packages containing finished top, backing, binding. Just need to cut batting for each. Should be able to get 4-5 finished.

Need to finish a panel quilt this next week. About 1/2 the quilting and binding is all that's left.
Old 01-18-2019, 04:10 AM

Great finishes Sewbiz! And yes, however you get them off the UFO heap counts- so you can give them away, trash them, or finish them- as long as they’re gone from the pile never to return LOL!

Rob
Old 01-18-2019, 05:59 AM
Power Poster

Ok, I have another one this week then... In another thread I spoke of a UFO quilt I threw out, after keeping it for at least 25 years. I didn't like it but for some reason just couldn't throw it out. I had been using it (folded up) as a cat bed and discovered the cat had 'moved on' to another favorite sleeping spot and had used the old UFO as a second potty! It was easy to throw it out then. So... another one gone.