2020 Fabric Moratorium

Old 10-26-2020, 02:05 AM

Good job working out the placement of the animal squares and use of the tree fabric between. Nice finish, Retiredteach!

Rob
Old 10-26-2020, 09:27 AM

retiredteacher, that turned out great!
Old 10-26-2020, 06:42 PM

Thank you for the compliments. I’m working on another top with the remaining blue tree strips and more realistic animal fabric. After I finish this top, it will be back to sewing pre-cut squares from my church group along with finishing a couple UFO tops.
Old 10-28-2020, 09:28 AM

Default Thanks for the invite!

Hi y'all! I would like to hop on board with the rest of you even though it's wayyy late in 2020! I have been whittling down my stash throughout the year with increased quilt making because of the lockdown . . . does that count as destashing? I went on such a fabric buying binge the end of last year, being snagged both by black Friday sales and by end of year sales online that I really have got to stop! Well, ok, I did also buy yardage for the borders for the Bonnie Hunter Star Struck quilt I'm finishing up. It's in autumn colors -- I'm always inspired by the beautiful leaf colors at this time of year. I'm glad to join with the rest of you who "shop the stash."
Old 10-28-2020, 10:41 AM

Welcome, Synnove! I have not set a good example for Moratorium members. *shame on me* two weeks ago K & I went to this county's quilt shop. She bought fabric to make an art quilt, while I bought some backing for my RWB quilt plus a fall panel. I've been sewing on the panel. The next week, we went to Joann's where I bought more blue & red fabric for the RWB. Today, I added to my jump off the wagon, because Pat Sloan showed a holiday tree panel. I bought 2 of those for me, 1 for K, plus a little coordinating fabric. K called me later to enthuse about a sale at a fabric store. I'm trying to resist even looking. Not sure I'll be able to resist the siren call.
Old 10-28-2020, 02:09 PM

Welcome, Synnove!! Glad you joined us. Those Black Friday sales are killers but with the Virus, it seems like quilt shops are treating every other weekend as a “huge” sale so my emails are getting ridiculous and the temptation never ends. We are here to cheer you on!!

Conchalea...I saw that Christmas tree pattern, too...so cute...but I have plenty of Christmas stash to make one so that is what I am doing. I love Pat! Stay strong!!

i have a lot of the FQ bundle left from my recent quilt project so I am going to make a couple of more quilts to finish it up. I just watched a tutorial from Lori Holt I’m going to use as one pattern. Super quick and easy...
Old 10-28-2020, 06:19 PM

I am working on the Christmas tree from Pat Sloan right now! I laid it out with my stash of Christmas 2.5 squares but ended up using a holiday jelly roll I have had for a couple of years. The pattern is fast, easy and can be done in 2.5 squares or 5" charms. I will post a photo of a finish in a day or two.

Here is the link to both mini charm and 5" charm trees pattern. https://www.ilovetomakequilts.com/charming-trees.html
Old 10-28-2020, 06:41 PM

Synnove: Welcome!

Old 10-28-2020, 07:47 PM
Power Poster

Default Baby quilt from GGGrandpa's shirts

Strictly improv piecing, this little quilt is ready to send off to the new baby in the family. MrOk's great niece had a baby boy last month. I picked out some of his dad's shirts to make this little dinosaur quilt. I also used some neutrals and farm related fabrics as he was a farmer. He always read the newspaper so added some newsprint. The dinosaur was made from a shirt sleeve with a pearl button that makes the dino's eye. The back is a gray flannel plaid; binding some dark plaid flannel gifted from some one. Again no yardage was harmed in the making of this quilt.

Oh and I used my new pole hanger in the basement to hang the quilt from.
Attached Thumbnails dino-quilt-gt.jpg  
Old 10-29-2020, 02:26 AM

Love the dinosaur quilt, oksewglad!

Rob