2022 UFO challenge

Old 05-03-2022, 08:16 AM

Beautiful quilts going to good homes for a good cause- win-win, CKCowl. And congratulations on your UFO finish- it's gorgeous!

Rob
Old 05-04-2022, 07:07 AM

Good day UFO'ers, CKCowl, beautiful UFO finishes for your fund raiser, and now we see where Ben gets his quilting talent

Beautiful work once again

Have a good day all--cherryb

And Happy Mother's Day everyone
Old 05-09-2022, 04:21 AM
Power Poster

I finished quilting another ufo LoneStar quilt this past week- will be trying to get the binding on today- then pictures. As soon as i unloaded it I went ahead and loaded the next quilt on the stack- it’s nice to be ( finally) getting these tops finished up- they’ve been waiting a couple years. I do still have one of Ben’s to finish yet but I’m getting some of my small- wall hangings done before I do Ben’s last one.
i am finding it easier to spend time sewing again ( 2 1/2 years since my TBI and the headaches finally ended 3 weeks ago— I’m functioning much better- it’s been Slow and frustrating but I am so much better with the headaches gone)
Old 05-09-2022, 02:47 PM

Oh, ckcowl, all four quilts are such lovely quilts. I’m sure all receiver will adore the quilts.

I’m working on 2-3 more UFO’s. 3 just need to be long armed, but I have 3-4 other quilting projects from friends in front of those. I just may need to put 1-2 of my in between my friends quilts. Maybe.

I hope all had a fabulous Mother’s Day.
Old 05-09-2022, 03:06 PM

I just love seeing all this action on the thread. Things really slowed up around here. I can't wait to see what CK and happylab show us all. I myself went off to Kansas in late March and came back to Georgia all stalled out. So, all I am getting done is some hand embroidering. I keep letting small stuff get in the way. I am hoping for some motivation to kick in

Have a good evening all--cherryb
Old 05-12-2022, 05:24 AM

Hi Everyone! Is it too late to sign up for this challenge? Last month while I was waiting for my new Qnique machine to arrive, I started pulling out a couple of ufo projects to put together and get ready to be quilted. Over this past week since I picked up the new machine, I have already finished the quilting on one of them. Today I will be attaching the binding and sleeve work and it will be ready to be gifted to my mom for her sewing room. On top of the other two I have ready for quilting, I have at least two more after that and several others that I want to finish up from a variety of Sew Steady classes.
Happy Quilting. Hugs Katie
Old 05-12-2022, 05:06 PM

I am not in change here but any time is the perfect time to start tracking and diving into your pile of UFO's. Welcome and start moving your projects from status to finished! Yeah! Don't forget to snap a picture of your finishes both to show us and encourage us, but also to keep as your own personal history of quilting.

Your post reminded me that I have not done a UFO for this months of May. Guess I need to get my two starts finished and a UFO out of the bin and under the needle. Welcome!, Welcome!

Old 05-13-2022, 09:18 AM

Katie - all are welcome at anytime. We have an open door, revolving door, back door, side door and a window for emergencies. You can use us an a public accountability platform or just a place to post "Making Progress!" messages. All is valid . Welcome to the club
Old 05-14-2022, 06:48 PM

Welcome Katie, we love having new members on this thread. We especially love see and hearing about progress to completing the UFOs. Looking forward to seeing pics of your finishes.
Old 05-15-2022, 03:04 PM

I know this isn’t a quilt but it is a UFO. I have a beautiful restored and custom painted purple 221 that I will be posting for sale. The only thing is that the case wasn’t restored. So over the last 4 weeks I have been slowly restoring it using the Featherweight shop YouTube tutorial. I have also used the Ray Elkins method of removing the stink and restoring the joints and used Lush organic spray. I’ve been sorting atttachments tonight to make it a complete set. Here are photos :-)
Attached Thumbnails 26d5c6d2-ee65-4101-8419-6369ebe1af46.jpeg   4f683df8-6716-42bd-a85e-6b8564a27823.jpeg   93eed587-c3f4-4ef1-858e-7afb2c285848.jpeg