2022 UFO challenge

Old 10-25-2022, 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Welcome, CraftyCathy! Mom always said, "Better late, than never!" Jump in and finish up a few or a bunch. You will feel wonderful. I am also part of the 2022 Fabric Moratorium group too. It is fun to challenge yourself to not shop for a month except from your stash. Then stretch it to two months. I only shop for what is not in my stash and what I need rather than what I want. I have been so blessed with fabric that my need is pretty limited. Sounds like you have a stash that will meet your need to create too. Surprise your husband. Looking forward to seeing your finishes in our collection of photos soon.
Thanks for the welcome! You’re absolutely right about using up our stash - that’s my goal for sure too. I recently finished a quilt for my son for Christmas and did need to buy backing fabric for that (he wanted flannel and I didn’t have enough) but mostly I’ve been using what I’ve got on hand. It’s a great feeling to watch the piles diminish and the finished items pile up! 😊 Where do I post pictures of finished items?

Old 10-25-2022, 06:06 AM

All pictures are welcome here, CraftyCathy! I, for one, could use some inspiration and am looking forward to seeing what you share!
Old 10-25-2022, 04:41 PM

More pictures here! Inspiration comes from our quilting friends.
Old 10-26-2022, 09:31 AM

Some UFO's in no particular order that I eventually need to get done:
  • Put binding on my seahorse wallhanging and hand bind it
  • Finished piecing the back of my batik kitty quilt and put that all together and quilt it, etc.
  • put binding on a flower wall hanging and bind it
  • find a backing fabric for my table runner I made months ago...
  • Remake my Prismatic blocks so they measure the right size (does this count as a UFO?
I'm going to be in denial and not put more down because I'll feel overwhelmed! Oh wait, too late...
Old 10-27-2022, 07:01 AM

One UFO at a time, LogCabin82, and know that we are here to celebrate your steps to success! That goes for anyone else who is looking at a list and wondering if it would be easier to just walk away... (not that I've ever felt like that... more than once a day, anyway!) :-)
Old 10-29-2022, 02:07 PM

Here is my latest finish, a disappearing 9 patch. The top and backing were given to me last spring along with boxes of other fabric from a quilter who had passed away 8 years ago. She loved bright colors! I added a border to make it a little bigger and to "finish" it, quilted and then bound. The gold has little flecks of red and is on the back also. A very interesting fabric. The reds are from a color group that go from magenta to deep merlot to nearly orange. Final size is 52 X 60.

Ta-Da one more out of my "To Do" bin and on to the give away shelf.
Attached Thumbnails 2022-10-27-red-gold-.jpg  
Old 10-29-2022, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Here is my latest finish, a disappearing 9 patch. The top and backing were given to me last spring along with boxes of other fabric from a quilter who had passed away 8 years ago. She loved bright colors! I added a border to make it a little bigger and to "finish" it, quilted and then bound. The gold has little flecks of red and is on the back also. A very interesting fabric. The reds are from a color group that go from magenta to deep merlot to nearly orange. Final size is 52 X 60.

Ta-Da one more out of my "To Do" bin and on to the give away shelf.
Really like that. Utilitarian. That's the quilt I would give to someone who I know would use it - and use it hard. And that's what I want for my quilts.
Old 10-30-2022, 01:22 PM

You're on a roll WMUTeach! Congratulations on another one done!

Rob
Old 10-30-2022, 03:57 PM

I really love this pattern - it's amazing how the secondary circle pattern becomes more prominent the further you are from the quilt - and I love the vibrant colours. What a cheery punch of brightness for a dull and dark autumn day! :-)
Old 11-14-2022, 03:24 PM

Here is my last UFO for November. Louisa May Alcott, Civil War Stars was started two years ago in September, blocks finished a year ago. Getting it on point and making the additional small stars took way to long. But it is finished and ready to be gifted. Yeah for one less UFO!

(The quilt was all from stash and I finished it during this month's Virtual Quilting Weekend.)
Attached Thumbnails 2022-11-13-civil-war-stars-58-x-76.jpg