Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Affairs of the Heart by Aie Rossman QAL >

Affairs of the Heart by Aie Rossman QAL

Affairs of the Heart by Aie Rossman QAL

Old 12-03-2014, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by kindleaddict63 View Post
anoka I suspect I will be trying freezer paper method, if that doesn't work will be r everting to traditional needle turn. Just laundered the background and decided to do the fat quarters too - book advised to be consistent so I took that to mean wash all or wash none. I think I need a fat quarter intervention - here are my choices for this project....I probably will not use the trivial pursuit cheese fat quarter ![ATTACH=CONFIG]501027[/ATTACH]
Love your fabrics, such pretty colors!
Old 12-03-2014, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Anoka Quilter View Post
How are people planning on doing the applique? I was looking at the pattern and the embroidery machine method and was wondering if anyone else was planning on doing it this way?
I think I am going to attempt fusible with machine stitching on the edges. Test blocks will definitely be in order. I'm getting an embroidery machine for Christmas but don't think I'll be able to afford the CD after the cost of the machine!
Old 12-03-2014, 07:41 PM

Raggiemom - it was fabric.com, but I think it was just a two day sale, ending yesterday. I was just looking for pictures and found that site- never bought from them before so I've got my fingers crossed.

My book showed up today, and I also got to thinking those are some small pieces! I think I'll go back to the original plan of machine satin stitching them down. I'm also thinking of doing this QAYG for the blocks, and then doing the borders with the long arm.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:13 PM

I have bought stuff from fabric.com and it was all ok.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:41 PM

You will love their fabric.. I have purchased from them for 6-7 yrs, they are the nicest folks. If you ever have a problem, call them and they bend over backwards to help you. Their Fairy Frost is the best..
Old 12-04-2014, 08:45 AM

[QUOTE=Macybaby;6994088]Raggiemom - it was fabric.com, but I think it was just a two day sale, ending yesterday. I was just looking for pictures and found that site- never bought from them before so I've got my fingers crossed.

I love Fabric.com! I use them often, and they have the best customer service that I have found anywhere.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:03 AM

I'm going to take a break for lunch and hit the little quilt shop in the town I work in (population 2,000). The ladies that own it like the same colors I do, so I always find stuff I love here. My job is 84 miles from my home, but I only drive in twice a week so it's not that bad. Besides, there is no traffic here in SD.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:31 PM

I started this quilt a couple years ago when it was a group project but after a couple blocks I did not finish. I am going to join you so I have company as I continue the Project. My background is Purple and my blocks are 12 inch finished. I am excited to be thinking about this quilt again. Thank you for starting this post.

Last edited by trish b; 12-04-2014 at 12:38 PM.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:54 PM

I've attached a picture of the fairy frost fabrics I'm planning to use. I took a class on needleturn applique this week so am planning to do the blocks this way. I think I'm going to enlarge the blocks but haven't played around with that yet. I think I may use the blocks and make a couple smaller wall hanging instead of a larger one. We'll see how it all looks when they're done.
Attached Thumbnails win_20141204_164224.jpg  
Old 12-04-2014, 03:28 PM

Nice fabrics! I have been checking out back basting and several other ways to do this - just a little practise because some of those pieces look small but I would like to keep to the original size.