Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt >

Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt

Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt

Old 12-03-2015, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by Emma S View Post
Jeanne: Thanks for the tip. I also didn't want to interrupt the flow of the thread, being a late comer. Joe's Mom, sorry to hear that your suffering with your back, if memory serves, you've been dealing with the problem for a considerable time now. Admire your willingness to keep on with our mania.
Hi Emma. Funny to hear someone think like I do. I didn't read the post until it was 45 pages long, but you find yourself just reading along and without thinking, just wanting to talk back to people. never thought of the post number. That is why I always include the comment in mine. That way if someone wants to go back they can just hit the little arrow after originally posted by so and so and it takes you back to what they said and the flow of the conversation at that point. Love this board.
Old 12-03-2015, 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by Feathers-N-Fur View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]536896[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]536897[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]536898[/ATTACH]The first pic was my original fabric selection. My in laws loved my GI from last year. I would have given it to them, but I had a new king size bed and it was the only king size quilt I had. So I vowed to make this year's mystery for them. Then the color choices came out and I knew those wouldn't work for their house. So after much thought, I decided to be brave enough to try my own color choices this year. When the first clue came out, I looked at my grey against my "neutrals", the light purple, and knew I needed to do something. So I died the 4 yards with half a box of black rit dye, and now I'm really pleased with my grey. Last pic is my is my 540 HSTs. I'm planning on a king sized, and don't want to go back to the beginning after the reveal like I did last year.
Feathers you should be pleased with your gray, it came out really nice. Good job!!
Old 12-03-2015, 04:23 AM

Wow Feathers! I really like your colors!
Also want to say that it is so nice of those of you that are sharing which die you used! I don't have my Studio with me at the moment and ordered the Go! with it being on sale and was also confused as to which die to order with it. There was a kind person here on the board who helped me with that. There is a Facebook site for the Accuquilt and it is very helpful.
Sandra
Old 12-03-2015, 05:14 AM

I guess this is for the administrators or whoever is setting up this thread. Could we start a new thread for each new clue as this is getting unwieldy with the number of us involved?
Old 12-03-2015, 06:06 AM

. Oh, ...........I think that would leave some people out in the cold.....some are only starting now due to family and travel during Thanksgiving.......we are not even at a thousand comments yet.......Oh, I hope not !
Old 12-03-2015, 06:14 AM

bjchad, I sent you a PM since I'm the member who started this topic. Please let me know what specific problems you are having with the thread the way it is. I really think that a separate thread for each clue would cause more issues than it would cure but I'd like to address your concerns.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:47 AM

I've got it! I've got it! I found that when I angle my cutter (more than I'm accustomed to doing) with the Easy Angle ruler, I get a more accurate cut. Since my pieces were coming out too big, my seam allowance had to be adjusted too big, which was causing all sorts of problems. Now, with more accurate cutting and an adjusted seam allowance, I am getting perfect 2" squares, with only the dog ear to trim off. This should speed me up, since it was the trimming of all these lopsided squares that was eating up my time. Woo hoo! (I'm going to start angling my cutter more with my regular ruler, too, as I think this is why my strips always seemed to be a hair too wide.)

Last edited by joe'smom; 12-03-2015 at 06:49 AM.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:06 AM

If you click on SETTINGS at the top of the page,
then on the left click on General Setting
At the bottom of the options is a drop down menu in which you can set how many posts to show on a page. The most is 40 which for me today makes this thread only 12 pages long. Less intimidating

The mechanics of this forum work well. If you open a thread, and then click on VIEW FIRST UNREAD, it will take you to that post in the thread and you can read on from there.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:47 AM

I really understand this thread would be unmanageable if your settings weren't right. I have set mine up so any thread I respond to then posts to my inbox and the point where I last read the replies. This way I am not dealing with the parts I have already read. The only reason it was so cumbersome is that I hadn't found and read it earlier. This is great for any thread that continues for an extended period of time. I follow some that go on for a year or longer. Additionally it provides a place to keep updating when quilts are completed a long time after the thread was started.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:15 AM
Power Poster

I'd prefer every post in one thread. Multiple threads would leave me lost!