Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt >

Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt

Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt

Old 12-02-2015, 04:43 PM

If I were to buy an Accuquilt Go die for cutting these hst's, I'd need to get the one that says it finishes at 2 inches, right? Meaning that you sew the two hst's together to get a finished 2 inch square. In an earlier post someone said they were using a 1 1/2 inch die, so I'm all confused. I have a Go, but almost never use it.
Old 12-02-2015, 04:55 PM

best to go back to Bonnie's instructions on this......I remember she is pretty clear on this in the instructions and that should be your source for advice.

she covers the topic again in the monday blog.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles View Post
best to go back to Bonnie's instructions on this......I remember she is pretty clear on this in the instructions and that should be your source for advice.

she covers the topic again in the monday blog.
That's pretty much what she said on Quilt Cam, too. Don't get advice from anyone but her so it's best we don't post any. I read and re-read my instructions before cutting.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:30 PM

Just finished reading through all 47 pages of posts. Wanted so badly to comment on some of the posts but, as Anngel said, nobody would have any idea what I was talking about. I am finished with clue #1. I used the magic 8 method. I m using yardage, a 100% from stash. Rather than using neutrals, grey and black I decided to use three graduated colors of grey.
Attached Thumbnails mystery-bh-1-1-.jpg   mystery-bh.jpg  
Old 12-02-2015, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by wishfulthinking View Post
If I were to buy an Accuquilt Go die for cutting these hst's, I'd need to get the one that says it finishes at 2 inches, right? Meaning that you sew the two hst's together to get a finished 2 inch square. In an earlier post someone said they were using a 1 1/2 inch die, so I'm all confused. I have a Go, but almost never use it.
I don't use a GO, but our instructions are to make UNfinished HST that are 2" square, and will be 1 1/2" Finished size. Use whatever GO die will give you a 1 1/2" Finished HST.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Emma S View Post
Just finished reading through all 47 pages of posts. Wanted so badly to comment on some of the posts but, as Anngel said, nobody would have any idea what I was talking about. I am finished with clue #1. I used the magic 8 method. I m using yardage, a 100% from stash. Rather than using neutrals, grey and black I decided to use three graduated colors of grey.
emma your fabrics are gorgeous! You can comment on old posts by referencing the post number (in the upper right corner of each post--this one is #466)' that way readers know which post you are responding/commenting on. This really helps for very long threads like these!
Old 12-02-2015, 06:02 PM

What a beautiful gold, Emma! So glad to see you are doing the mystery.

I made more slow progress today. It's looking like I won't finish the clue by Friday, but I'll keep plugging away.
Old 12-02-2015, 06:21 PM

Jeanne: Thanks for the tip. I also didn't want to interrupt the flow of the thread, being a late comer. Joe's Mom, sorry to hear that your suffering with your back, if memory serves, you've been dealing with the problem for a considerable time now. Admire your willingness to keep on with our mania.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by wishfulthinking View Post
I used die number 55319. I cut 3 inch strips and got 36 triangles per strip. Love my Go! for doing lots of repetitive pieces like this.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:04 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]536896[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]536897[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]536898[/ATTACH]The first pic was my original fabric selection. My in laws loved my GI from last year. I would have given it to them, but I had a new king size bed and it was the only king size quilt I had. So I vowed to make this year's mystery for them. Then the color choices came out and I knew those wouldn't work for their house. So after much thought, I decided to be brave enough to try my own color choices this year. When the first clue came out, I looked at my grey against my "neutrals", the light purple, and knew I needed to do something. So I died the 4 yards with half a box of black rit dye, and now I'm really pleased with my grey. Last pic is my is my 540 HSTs. I'm planning on a king sized, and don't want to go back to the beginning after the reveal like I did last year.
Attached Thumbnails image1-2.jpeg   image2.jpeg   image1.jpeg