Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter 2020/2021 Winter Mystery: Grassy Creek >

Bonnie Hunter 2020/2021 Winter Mystery: Grassy Creek

Bonnie Hunter 2020/2021 Winter Mystery: Grassy Creek

Old 12-08-2020, 10:11 AM

oops...are my photos to big? I just emailed photo to self and then copied and pasted them?
Old 12-08-2020, 11:09 AM

sewingpup under the reply box click go advanced. Use the paper clip next to the smiley face. upload your pictures that way.
Old 12-08-2020, 02:36 PM

Stitches23- pretty colors, nice QSTs!
Old 12-08-2020, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by jillmc View Post
I could use some help. Please! I do not have grey or orange in my stash, and I would like to pull from the fabric that I have.
Are these too close in value to each other? Can I use the blues and violets in place of red and orange? I will need to order something for the “grey” because I don’t have enough of anything to use....and I have enough white or cream for neutrals.
Thanks for any guidance!
I really love your colorway and fabrics. I think you quilt will be stunning...
Old 12-08-2020, 04:03 PM
Power Poster

jillmc- your fabrics are gorgeous! I wouldn't change a thing.
Old 12-08-2020, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by sewingpup View Post
oops...are my photos to big? I just emailed photo to self and then copied and pasted them?
If you photo won't upload, it may be too big and you need to reduce it. In the photo area of your computer there is a pathway to reduce the size. Chose the mid-size and save it to your computer then upload that to the Quilting Board. I bet it will show up then.
Here is what I do to post pictures:1. Write message
2. Click "Go Advanced"
3. In the box labeled Additional Options click "Manage Attachments"
4. Click "Browse" and locate your photo wherever you saved it on your computer.
5. Find the photo you wish to post click save and then upload. ***
This seems to be where folks stumble. The little box with the "Browse" button needs to be expanded so you can see the "Upload" button. It is on the far right and hidden until you expand the box.
6. Preview Post and make changes if you wish or add an additional photo.
7. Click "Submit Reply".

**** I save my photos in a quilt photos file by year, but I also keep a second copy in a file where the photos have been resized to "medium". It this format will allow you to post to the QB. It seems there are multiple ways to do this and it all depends on your computer and software preferences. I

Hope this helps but keep in mind that each computer or device is just a little bit different. Let the folks here know if this doesn't work for you. Someone surely can help.

Old 12-09-2020, 04:55 AM

Got clue 2 sewn this morning, now on to trimming! I'm taking the rest of the week and Monday off, so will have plenty of time for sewing. DH wants to go Christmas shopping today, he finally decided what he wants for Christmas! We will be stopping at my favorite sewing machine dealer, so maybe I'll find something fun too. I buy most of my embroidery supplies from them. Might stop off at a farbric store or two, but I'm already overloaded with Christmas fabric so don't need the temptation.
Old 12-09-2020, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
If you photo won't upload, it may be too big and you need to reduce it. In the photo area of your computer there is a pathway to reduce the size. Chose the mid-size and save it to your computer then upload that to the Quilting Board. I bet it will show up then.
Here is what I do to post pictures:1. Write message
2. Click "Go Advanced"
3. In the box labeled Additional Options click "Manage Attachments"
4. Click "Browse" and locate your photo wherever you saved it on your computer.
5. Find the photo you wish to post click save and then upload. ***
This seems to be where folks stumble. The little box with the "Browse" button needs to be expanded so you can see the "Upload" button. It is on the far right and hidden until you expand the box.
6. Preview Post and make changes if you wish or add an additional photo.
7. Click "Submit Reply".

**** I save my photos in a quilt photos file by year, but I also keep a second copy in a file where the photos have been resized to "medium". It this format will allow you to post to the QB. It seems there are multiple ways to do this and it all depends on your computer and software preferences. I

Hope this helps but keep in mind that each computer or device is just a little bit different. Let the folks here know if this doesn't work for you. Someone surely can help.
Thanks....I have printed out your directions! I take photos on my phone....and I just emailed to myself....will have to experiment a bit....
Old 12-09-2020, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
Got clue 2 sewn this morning, now on to trimming! I'm taking the rest of the week and Monday off, so will have plenty of time for sewing. DH wants to go Christmas shopping today, he finally decided what he wants for Christmas! We will be stopping at my favorite sewing machine dealer, so maybe I'll find something fun too. I buy most of my embroidery supplies from them. Might stop off at a farbric store or two, but I'm already overloaded with Christmas fabric so don't need the temptation.
Yay! Have fun shopping!
Old 12-09-2020, 10:13 AM

I had so much fun yesterday cutting my clue #2 sets. I only have six left to do, then can start sewing. Seems like I should be able to finish up before the next clue.