Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie >

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2022-2023: Chilhowie

Old 11-14-2022, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
Well, I visited BH's FB page and someone posted an array of fabrics I fell in love with -- deep red, blue, and olive green with a variety of creams for the neutral, so I'm changing my choices. I started pulling fabrics like a madwoman, and this is what I came up with. I think I'm going with a constant neutral, which is lighter than the pic shows, but I do have enough if I decide to use scrappy creams. I'll decide on that later.
Lovely choice!
Old 11-15-2022, 04:18 AM

Belfrybat - stunning fabric. It will be awesome!
Old 11-15-2022, 06:17 AM

I signed up to do this as my first mystery quilt but I will admit I am kind of afraid of it. I have lots of batiks in my stash so may try it with those. I don't go for purple but I will most likely donate itso will follow her colors and maybe do the smaller size. Fingers crossed that I can do this. Thank you for being here as a sounding board.
Old 11-15-2022, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by KimmerB View Post
I signed up to do this as my first mystery quilt but I will admit I am kind of afraid of it. I have lots of batiks in my stash so may try it with those. I don't go for purple but I will most likely donate itso will follow her colors and maybe do the smaller size. Fingers crossed that I can do this. Thank you for being here as a sounding board.
if you have any quilting experience, you can do this. Bonnie’s instructions are very good. And, yes, we’ll be here to help!
Old 11-15-2022, 07:16 AM

Kimmer - you can do this. I was a rank newbie when I did my first BH mystery, and even though I felt overwhelmed at times, I completed the quilt even though it took me 2 years. I've since done 3 more.
Old 11-15-2022, 07:56 AM

Out of curiosity, has anyone actually found the paint chips BH linked? I understand they're not available at all Lowe's stores...
Old 11-15-2022, 08:54 AM

I ordered mine through the mail, so I don't know if they were at my Lowe's or not.
Old 11-15-2022, 09:45 AM

KimmerB - I did the MQ last year for the first time. It was a blast. In the end, I was not real excited about the final layout, so I changed it to suit me. You'll find that kind of thing is pretty common. So in the end, whatever you end up with will be great!
Old 11-15-2022, 10:23 AM

Yes, Gemm, I found the paint chips at my local Lowes in WNC. The only problem was that they were high in the display case and for the life of me, I couldn’t read the names. I persevered and got them. Lol.
Originally Posted by Gemm View Post
Out of curiosity, has anyone actually found the paint chips BH linked? I understand they're not available at all Lowe's stores...
Old 11-15-2022, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Gemm View Post
Yes, but I admit to being there in about 15 minutes after they were posted.