Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
FFC -- One FQ:  "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c >

FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c

FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c

Old 06-16-2014, 04:55 AM
Power Poster

OKSGlad ... that's one of the things I really like about the QB ... the ability to see SO MANY quilts and get ideas!! I love to see how a pattern can take on such a different look, according to different fabric usage. Sometimes something one would never consider doing! Good for you, with the bills ready to go, once the cheque makes the bank!! Countdown to THE big day ... or should I say BIG WEEK!!!!!!!

Anael ... Thank You ... though you will soon be caught up with your two special projects and perhaps ready to work on DJ. Well, you know you could always do a one colour something else, another time! You started out your NI all in one, then added some blue splashes. So close! or how about joining us and do the QOTS Minis in a chosen colour?
Old 06-16-2014, 02:25 PM
Power Poster

Whaaaaaaaaaat???
no one noticed we crossed the millenium line?
Old 06-16-2014, 11:07 PM

No I didn't notice
So you think two colours and a background doesn't count? LOL LOL
Old 06-17-2014, 11:13 PM

QuiltE I love your blues, that is going to be one awesome quilt
Old 06-18-2014, 05:19 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Anael View Post
No I didn't notice
So you think two colours and a background doesn't count? LOL LOL
Hey ... I was just agreeing with you that you had not done a one colour quilt (which mine is really a two colour ... white and blue!) Yours reds with bits of blue are going to work out as a fantastic quilt too!

AWwwww Thanks MiraB!
Your pinks and chocolates are going to be amazing!

Rumour has it ... we are going to have a new Janiac Maniac join the group!
Watch and Welcome her when she arrives!!!!
(and she has more blocks done than me ... and less than Anael!)
Old 06-18-2014, 05:43 AM
Power Poster

The Red Welcome Mat is rolled out
and a-waiting __________________'s arrival!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2014, 04:18 AM

Default How can I resist!

Elaine has prodded me a few times so I'd like to say hello to you creative folks. In addition to all that I do I'm attempting to finish my Dear Jane in time for the 25th anniversary of out guild , next May. I guess I should add I'm assembling all the blocks by hand, and then planning on hand quilting it. Call me crazy but I really work better with deadlines.
I have 90+ complete. I was taking them to work and doing them exclusively in my down time, but now that I've made the decision to go for this, I prep a new one each morning and generally stitch in the garden, after working all day either on a customer quilt or and art piece. And of course I do this with a glass of wine at my elbow, for a muse. I neither Clean not Cook during all this creative process. Hubby usually cooks and is as blind as I am to dust bunnies. "Company" is the time I usually "tidy-up". Thank God I have family who pop in enough times.
So I'm looking forward to talking with lots of creative people, and thanks Elaine for inviting me!
MaryKatherine
Old 06-19-2014, 04:35 AM

Welcome, MaryKatherine, and good luck with finishing your DJ in such a short time span. You sound determined and organized. Anxious to see pics of your progress. (That QE is such a nagger LOL!!!!!)
Old 06-19-2014, 04:37 AM
Power Poster

Good Morning MaryK ... and a lovely morning it is in the neighbourhood for you to sit and stitch awhile in your garden today!

Such a nice choice of words, that I have prodded you ... compared to the ones you might have used!! You CAN do it ... I know you CAN and WILL do it!!!!!!! You have a good mentor here with Anael, as she has almost finished her first handquilted quilt. And wow, has she been zippy! Many who are chatting here, have sewn the FWS (you saw mine IRL) and PC (did I show it to you?) quilts together, so why you might notice some familiarity. However, there are many others on this thread who have not done either, but were gathered together with the original FFC reason for this thread. Then we just hung around ... and headed down the DJ road, being that another Canuck, HuntAnnette started her DJ with her FFC fabric. (another supply teacher that quilts, in the frozen north of the province! ) I won't introduce everyone ... gosh you all can do that yourselves!

So LADIES ... please jump up and Welcome MaryK .... introduce yourself, and tell your own DJ story as to your approach or strategy (even goals, if you have them!), how many blocks you have done, and of course, whatever else you want to do to help "prod" MaryK along to meet her goal!!!!!!

Now for a request MaryK ... how about a photo of those 90? ... we like pictures here!!!

Likewise to Everyone ... how be we all post a photo of our blocks done to date, as a grounding point for all of us!

I'm just heading out the door ... so will post my picture and DJ story tonight!!!!!!

PS ... don't you just love MaryK's style of housekeeping. Yeaaaaaaaaaa for Mr.MaryK!!!!!!
PS#2 ... stalk her threads and see how talented this woman is!!! Also, take a look at her blog and you'll see many of the same, but in more detail. I'll warn you though, neither does it justice, for I have seen her creations IRL, and oh myyyyyyyyyyyy .... talk about incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This time I really am GONE!
Old 06-19-2014, 04:40 AM
Power Poster

JanRN .... ahemmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!
I saw THAT!

Please see my note after yours ... and the double request to YOU!!!
Of course, that is meant for Everyone Else too!

I hope when I return tonight, that I see LOTS of pics and stories!!!!!!
Pleeeeeeeeease??????????????