Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: "Fun on the Farm" Free BOM from Eleanor Burns

So, so cute, Toverly!
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

NZquilter and noverly love your pig blocks. I am in too and have started my pig---hope to finish it today. NZquilter, thanks for getting this thread started.

Toverly so cute.
    Mary

Oh noooooo...... this looks so cute! Hmmmm.... I am doing the pumpkinpatchbc.com Barnyard Bash BOM so maybe I should add these little fellows to it! Will check out the link, thanks. Love the piggies shown so far!

The blocks look so cute! I plan on making my Joy tomorrow. The prizes are always pretty darn good from QIAD so I'm posting on FB too.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Love the pigs, so far! I have a bit of pink ric rac saved from little girls' dressmaking.

Can someone please post a link to the Facebook page where we post our pigs? TIA.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks y'all. Looking forward to seeing everyone's pigs. I don't know how to create a link but on Facebook it's, Fun on the Farm with Quilt in a day and on the Quilt in a Day website it's under the Events tab. Took forever to find it.

Thanks for posting. Adorable piggie pattern. This will be a fun quilt!

My 1st Fun on the Farm Block from Quilt in a Day. Love it and now the wait begins for block 2.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    sJens, Bravo, so cute!! I love your ribbon tail.

My block is finished as well. But, I am having complications re-sizing and posting. I will keep working on it.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee
    https://www.quiltinaday.com/eleanora...nontheFarm.asp

Blog Entries
    Finally, only 2 hours later and I think I have it re-sized right. (I hope so, anyway.)

Here is August block, Joy the Scrappy Pig. Joy is going to get some type of eye. (It freaks me out without one.) It was so much fun to make. I did a blend of raw edge applique (sun) and turned edge applique (Joy).

I liked how on Facebook someone added a Charlotte the spider from "Charlotte's Web". Charlotte may appear in my block at the end. I want to make her with a button.

I've had that teeny yellow gingham for years. And, I only had about a half yard to start with. But, it is almost completely gone. Just a few 5" squares left in the scrap bin. (And, it is 100 percent cotton.)
    Last edited by Judith1005; 08-03-2018 at 06:35 PM.

I plan to join in. Cute piggies being shown here.
    Connie

Love the blue sky y'all. Already rethinking what blue do I have for sky in my stash. Is anyone else thinking of making the fence and adding it as it goes along? When I jump I have a tendency to jump feet first.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by toverly View Post
    Love the blue sky y'all. Already rethinking what blue do I have for sky in my stash. Is anyone else thinking of making the fence and adding it as it goes along? When I jump I have a tendency to jump feet first.
    what fence are you talking about?

If you download the finishing directions, the sashing and cornerstones are referred to as fencing. I'm thinking ahead and maybe adding it as I go along. It would be easy since it isn't a long strip of sashing, just around each block.

Blog Entries
    Toverly, I am thinking about how I want to finish these blocks. I'm actually thinking about a quilt as you go. So, I don't know if I will do the fence or not. I'm undecided. Although, I really like the look. (But, if I do quilt as you go, it will change how it comes together.) I think I will go back and re-look at the finishing directions.

I did see people add fencing in the block itself on Facebook and it looked really cute too. (Too late for me though.)

Name:  IMG_20180804_125921.jpg
Views: 853
Size:  717.0 KB nothing is ironed or stitched down yet had to do some after storm clean up but wanted to share something i didn't see till after i took the picture notice the the sqr below the ear looks like an eye with fancy swirls and the snout fabric has a little heart print the makes a nostril lol is it just me does anybody else see it? it just happen that way unplanned
    Arrange whatever pieces come your way.
    Virginia Woolf

Gorgeous piggies! I love the different sky fabrics I'm seeing!

I am excited about the fencing sashing. I have made this style of sashing before but I paper pieced the corner stones. I'm looking forward to trying this method. I have found a brown fabric I like and am thinking about doing this quilt as my first quilt-as-you-go too.
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

The pig blocks are all turning out fantastic. What a fun project this is going to be.

Blog Entries
    MandyRose, I see what you see. I think it was great accidental fore thought. So, ! Happy accidents rock.

Fun on the Farm

Thank you so much for posting this! I am going to be joining in as well. Love Eleanor Burns.
    Quote Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
    "Fun on the Farm" Free BOM from Eleanor Burns

Eleanor Burns is doing a free block of the month, the first block having been released on August 1st. Each block will be released on the first of each month. https://www.quiltinaday.com/eleanora...nontheFarm.asp You don't need facebook to join, just if you want to enter for her monthly prizes. The pattern is easily downloadable without FB. There is no sign up or mandatory purchases.

We can share pictures of our blocks, give tips and enjoy some chatting here.

I have my block all cut out and ready to go. Anyone else?

Moderator edit: links to contests or sites requiring sign up are not permitted... so no links to the FB page
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-22-2018 at 04:24 AM.
    Life is Good!

Thanks for the post! It's adorable and looks like fun!

I'm playing too!!! Love the piggies shown so far. So so cute.... So, I don't have rickrack...never owned it, either. But I do have have art supplies I use in art therapy...so piggy has a blooming tail.......lol...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quilting therapy for the therapist...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Quote Originally Posted by sJens View Post
    My 1st Fun on the Farm Block from Quilt in a Day. Love it and now the wait begins for block 2.
    Oh my gosh...you had grass fabric!!! I love it!!!
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Judith.....my piggy is getting an eye, too..... Lol...

mandyrose....that is the coolest sky fabric. Never seen it before....
    Last edited by Teen; 08-04-2018 at 06:44 PM.

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast