Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: "Fun on the Farm" Free BOM from Eleanor Burns

Blog Entries
    Because Joy was so much fun to make, I decided to do one that was a bit more "boy" friendly. So, Joy meet Wilbur. And, I loved the piggy done in orange. So, back to the scrap bin I went.

Joy and Wilbur will both be getting an eye and one will get a spider and one will get a kite tomorrow. I am working on quilting them as I go blocks. Joy is almost finished.
    Last edited by Judith1005; 08-04-2018 at 07:50 PM.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee
    https://www.quiltinaday.com/eleanora...nontheFarm.asp

Blog Entries
    Teen, love your blooming tail. So cute and creative.

Thanks, Judith......love Wilber!!!
    Quilting therapy for the therapist...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

I'm loving looking at all the piggies, wonderful creative ideas with the added touches.
    Arrange whatever pieces come your way.
    Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by Teen View Post
    Judith.....my piggy is getting an eye, too..... Lol...

mandyrose....that is the coolest sky fabric. Never seen it before....
    yes i really like it too got that from walmart many years ago when i first started quilting and didn't know much about quilting or applique, and only got 2 yards walmart had it on the shelf for the longest time then i started using the fabric in my projects and really liked it i "thought" go back and buy more sadley it was all gone......and never got anymore in....I'm buying the whole bolt if i ever come across that same fabric again but i know that will never happen.i searche the net but never found any, the piggy block i just made was the last of it.
    Virginia Woolf

Blog Entries
    Well MandyRose, it was a great memory and an excellent use of the last of your fabric.

You could always paint the backgrounds with fabric paint if you only need small pieces. (Like with the pig.) I don't want to think about doing enough for a whole quilt. You would just have to use the white paint with a bit of the clear fabric medium added in to keep it soft. And, cotton balls to add the clouds. (Very light handed.) Although, you have to think ahead so it is premade or that you have drying time.

But, either way, it is really cute fabric.

Blog Entries
    Wilbur is adorable. And your sky fabric is wonderful. I never would have thought of that zig zag, but it works great.

Blog Entries
    I wish I could take credit for using the Chevron fabric for a background. But, it was GracefulAnn in the 2017 Summertime block swap who inspired me to use it. She used it as a background for one of her blocks. And, I just loved the idea.

Oh, so much creativity going on here!

Teen, I love the blossom tail!

Judith, two quilts... What a wonderful idea! I'm tempted to do the same, especially if I do the QAYQ method.

Yesterday we sent the day painting one of the sheds. We got the first coat on and half way though the second coat. Then last night as DH and I were putting the girls to bed we hear a creaking bang from the basement! One of the house jacks slipped a bit and made the house setting a bit more. So there goes a peaceful Sunday... We will be building more support walls in the basement to help support the jacks down there. The joys of a 1870's house I guess!
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

I'm in as this looks fun and can use some of my scraps. now like everyone else, where do i find a couple of inches of wide rick rack lol
    "I may not believe in what you say but will defend your right to say it"- Voltaire

Blog Entries
    That sounds a bit scary NZ. I do hope you get your supports up quick. Old houses do have their quirks. But, these days, you can't get a house with that kind of character. So, It definitely sounds worth it to "support" the old gal.

I was bored, a million things I should be finishing and I decide on not 1, 2 but 3 farm quilts. I will do these blocks 2 at a time. Because it is just one block a month. But, I also need to decide how to finish my farm swap block quilt as well. I have it on my design wall while the idea is taking shape.

So many terrific blocks. I have learned my lesson to wait a while before tackling the block. There are so many wonderful ideas, I would end up with a sty full to use them all. Good job everyone.

Oh my goodness NZ!! That's a bit scary to have happen. Did you purchase a home warranty? Though, with an old home, you can expect some quirks but this is about the structural integrity and should be covered.

I keep looking at my block and the finishing instructions and I think I'm going to change my quilt design from the pattern. I have some ideas floating around in my head so I'm going to let them simmer a bit...

Judith...I have my summertime blocks quilt to do too but I cannot find a panel I like. I keep looking but, so far, nothing appeals to me.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 08-05-2018 at 12:59 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Well my piglet is from sunny and hot California - she cannot face the sun.
    Just need to stitch around the sun and piglet. I’ll do that when it gets cooler upstairs. Lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I may not believe in what you say but will defend your right to say it"- Voltaire

Blog Entries
    Okay, Joy and Wilbur are complete. They are completely quilted and embellished. Now to wait till September block comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanny's dollface View Post
    Just need to stitch around the sun and piglet. I’ll do that when it gets cooler upstairs. Lol
    Ha!Ha! thats a good one I don't blame the piglet it's hot here to.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-22-2018 at 04:25 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
    Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
    Okay, Joy and Wilbur are complete. They are completely quilted and embellished. Now to wait till September block comes out.

your piggies are so cute looks like you are doing a qayg,i was thinking of doing the same going to wait untill the next block comes out,although i look at the finishing it up directions i like that too but looks hard for me and i don't have those kind of rulers
    Virginia Woolf

Blog Entries
    Oh Judith I love the embellishments. You are so creative. I am working on my winter swap right now, because I have a deadline. But I have pulled my fabrics for my piggy. Just dying to start......

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mandyrose View Post
    Attachment 598843 nothing is ironed or stitched down yet had to do some after storm clean up but wanted to share something i didn't see till after i took the picture notice the the sqr below the ear looks like an eye with fancy swirls and the snout fabric has a little heart print the makes a nostril lol is it just me does anybody else see it? it just happen that way unplanned
    what a happy accident... really cute
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Nanny's doll face ....so cute...I hear you on the heat. Lol....Buckle down...this week will be a scorcher for us..

Judith....just adorable. Love the embellishments.

Blog Entries
    She's such a darling piggy. I don't blame her for not wanting to face the sun. It was a pretty hot sunny day here today also. But, now, the rain is here. Glorious rain! I know you need rain bad. Might help with all the fires.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mandyrose View Post
    your piggies are so cute looks like you are doing a qayg,i was thinking of doing the same going to wait untill the next block comes out,although i look at the finishing it up directions i like that too but looks hard for me and i don't have those kind of rulers
    Thank you. Yes, I decided to forego the fencing. I've been wanting to try this method of quilt as you go. So, this is as good a time as any.

This is a very cute starting block!
    I love farm animal quilts, and took part in the farm block swap, receiving so many great blocks. I'll probably follow along with this and make some to add and/or make more than one quilt.
    If your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough!

These are all turning out soooo cute.
    Mary

Too funny, Nanny's dollface! And a lovely pig block too!

Everything went well with the house supports. A construction engineer told us how to support the house with each support able to hold over 7,000 lbs. We have half the house done with a dozen supports and the other half to go. It's a great peace of mind getting it done! I'm very blessed that my DH is such a handyman. Saves us many labor bills.
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast