Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Grand Illusion - Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt 2014 >

Grand Illusion - Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt 2014

Grand Illusion - Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt 2014

Old 11-01-2014, 02:37 PM

Since this is my first MQ AND BH quilt I have no clue what to expect. I picked out some fabrics but have nothing to compare to since it is a mystery. Just hope I can do it even if I don't like my colors. I love a challenge. By the way, may I ask a dumb question. When we want to post to this particular thread, how do we post it to make sure it is on this thread? Thanks.
Old 11-01-2014, 02:55 PM

Go to thread tools, right above your post. Click on there and click on subscribe to thread. You will get email messages when people add something to this thread. If you click on reply or reply with quote below a message on this thread, your message will post to this thread.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Joy Higdon View Post
By the way, may I ask a dumb question. When we want to post to this particular thread, how do we post it to make sure it is on this thread? Thanks.
If you open the thread you want to post in, your post will go in that thread. Is that what you meant?
Old 11-01-2014, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
If you open the thread you want to post in, your post will go in that thread. Is that what you meant?
I'm sorry. I guess I didn't ask the right question. If and when I do a block and want to post the picture, how do I post to this thread. When I just post a picture, I go to pictures to post. Can I just click on this and hit reply and post my picture here?
Old 11-01-2014, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Joy Higdon View Post
I'm sorry. I guess I didn't ask the right question. If and when I do a block and want to post the picture, how do I post to this thread. When I just post a picture, I go to pictures to post. Can I just click on this and hit reply and post my picture here?
Yes, you just reply as usual but click on Go Advanced and it will take you to the screen wher you can upload pictures.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:21 PM

I've never done one of her mysteries. Are there better types of fabrics to use than others? By that I mean, a busy pattern or a larger pattern or a solid or possibly a small print that reads as a solid. I don't have many solids and I would like to do this but I won't be able to buy extra fabric and hope that I can find what I need in my stash.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated in my fabric selection.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Sauki1 View Post
I've never done one of her mysteries. Are there better types of fabrics to use than others? By that I mean, a busy pattern or a larger pattern or a solid or possibly a small print that reads as a solid. I don't have many solids and I would like to do this but I won't be able to buy extra fabric and hope that I can find what I need in my stash.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated in my fabric selection.
I would suggest small prints are the best. Bonnie tends to small pieces, based on past quilts, so large prints may not give the right effect. Have a look at her post - the pile of "neutrals" she shows. Lots of black/red/other colours in the prints, as long as they read "neutral" from a distance. You could probably do the same with the other colours. Just make sure your prints read as the right colour overall.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:55 PM

Bonnie shows her fabric selections in the photos included in her intro post (link is in the first post in this thread). This might give you some direction in deciding what will work and not work.
Old 11-02-2014, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
Yes, you just reply as usual but click on Go Advanced and it will take you to the screen wher you can upload pictures.
Thanks, I am learning something new all the time. I never ask a question on this board that is not answered. All of you are the best.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:24 AM

If there is anyone here that still needs paint chips, please PM me and I will send some out to you. My Lowe's finally got restocked! The only one that I am missing is the blue, which someone else was nice enough to send me and I can't give that one up!