Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Grand Illusion - Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt 2014 >

Grand Illusion - Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt 2014

Grand Illusion - Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt 2014

Old 10-12-2014, 07:36 AM

If you can find 100% cotton men's dress or sports shirts or women's shirts at resale shops, thrift shops or yard sales, they work excellent as well. I also look for 100% cotton women's dresses or skirts, curtains, pajamas, etc. I have two huge tubs full of "de-boned" articles of clothing!
Old 10-12-2014, 08:18 AM

Here are the fabrics out of my stash. The pinks are more pink then they appear in the photo.
Attached Thumbnails pa120004.jpg  
Old 10-12-2014, 08:46 AM

I've noticed that the photos that people have posted here, their blues look more aqua than the color strip. The color strip runs more teal than aqua it seems. I was hoping it was more aqua because I have loads of that color and not very much that matches the color card.

Are you picking fabrics more aqua or are they teal and just photograph as aqua?? Just wondering. Thanks.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:52 AM

Yahoo! Let the games begin! These are so much fun, and thank you for getting this thread started. I haven't looked in my stash for the colors yet, since I've GOT to get a couple burning hot UFO's done. I'm enjoying everyone's fabrics, and probably will go with Bonnie's colors.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:54 AM

It should be fun I think I might try this one too - Thanks for starting the discussion I will be following along
Old 10-12-2014, 10:32 AM

I will not be doing the mystery, but found it amusing that she is doing a mystery with the same colors I will be putting into my quilt that I am making for me this winter (minus the black, and neutrals, I will be using hot pink for my main color.) I can't wait to compare notes to see how close our quilts end up. This is my idea of fun. Seeing what others do with the same color ideas. Mine will have a flannel back. I can't wait to see all the different quilts!
Old 10-12-2014, 11:00 AM

Can someone tell me WHERE and HOW to sign up for Quiltville newsletter? I have looked all over her site and can't find where to sign up. This is one site I want to keep up on...... lots of fun and interesting things happening... thanks!
Old 10-12-2014, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by borntoquilt View Post
Can someone tell me WHERE and HOW to sign up for Quiltville newsletter? I have looked all over her site and can't find where to sign up. This is one site I want to keep up on...... lots of fun and interesting things happening... thanks!
You go to her blog: http://quiltville.blogspot.com. About a third to halfway down on the right side of the page (as you're looking at the screen) is the email box for signing up.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by AngelinaMaria View Post
I've noticed that the photos that people have posted here, their blues look more aqua than the color strip. The color strip runs more teal than aqua it seems. I was hoping it was more aqua because I have loads of that color and not very much that matches the color card.

Are you picking fabrics more aqua or are they teal and just photograph as aqua?? Just wondering. Thanks.
Use your aqua! It doesn't have to match Bonnie's colors. I'm using black as my constant fabric, Aqua, coral and purple as my other main fabrics, and yellow and white as my black and neutral. I decided to be wild and daring this year!
Old 10-12-2014, 11:13 AM

Emma, great selection of fabrics! I see your going with a constant for the blacks and neutrals. I did the same last year for the neutral in Celtic Solstice. Made the quilt not so busy!

borntoquilt - the "blogspot", rather than quiltville.com is where the information will be posted for Grand Illusion. There is already a tab there for the new mystery.