Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 34 74 83 84
Results 2,076 to 2,086 of 2086

Thread: Jen Kingwell blocks and finished quilts

Welcome Anita to our group!! Nice to have you here
    LTG is a straight forward quilt, no applique, no trouble making it. No corrections either. Just read the pattern carefully and you'll be find.
    Looking forward to seeing your blocks!!
    Eat, quilt, bike, sleep and repeat

Thank you for the warm welcome. I need it as it is very cold and we have about 24 inches of snow on the ground with more falling!

One last question: do you make all the blocks for the entire quilt first and then put together in sections or do you put together the sections as the blocks for that particular section are complete? (I hope I am asking this clearly). I am thinking of making them all, then putting everything together.

I am glad there are no corrections to this pattern. Thanks again for the welcome and hopefully I can start my blocks today in between snow shoveling.
    Anita

The only place that housework comes before quilting is in the dictionary.

You're very welcome! Snow..........wow!!! I hope we won't get any any time soon

I made my blocks as I liked them, no specific order. No complete section either I pinned the blocks on my design wall and decided which color I needed and which one I wanted to make next. Sometimes I get bored of doing the same over and over again so I moved on to another section/block.

Anael, gorgeous Santa's Wife! I haven't made this pattern but it's the first Kingwell that caught my eye. Maybe someday I'll work on it.

My work on the LTG quilt has stalled a bit with Christmas on the horizon. I needed to get my better machine cleaned so am using my older one and working on hand applique in the meantime. LTG needs a bit of precision so I'll work on that when my machine comes back.

Thanks ladies!!
    Mkotch, I hope your machine will be home soon!

The Gypsy Wife was the first Kingwell I saw and fell in love with too. Then I discovered she had more designs. The rest is history I think about another Gypsy Wife but I need to whisper because my personal mentor isn't allowed to hear that hahahaha. I need to finish some UFO's first! I promised her I wouldn't start another project before finishing those UFO's. But I can think about it now can I?

Welcome, Anita!! Enjoy the Kingwell journey. Fun patterns!

Anael....I heard that! Good girl finishing those beautiful UFO's.
    Quilting therapy for the therapist...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Oh dear..........

I'm not finishing any UFO right now, I'm embroidering another pillow. Just a small project in between. Then I might make some more Christmas decorations before going back to my UFO's again
    The BD is still patiently waiting downstairs LOL

Hope someone can guide me on this. I am having a terrible time with choosing neutral light fabrics (doing LTG). I have lots of white-on-white and beige-on-beiges; have some white with blacks. Other than that, no neutral lights. Anyone have any ideas? Can I use the whites and beiges? I have a silver grey solid for the sashing, so I'd like something that goes decently with the grey. Thanks for any suggestions.
    Anita

The only place that housework comes before quilting is in the dictionary.

I used white-o-white for LTG. My sashings are pink. Silver grey would work perfect, as long as you like it, it's ok.
    Here's my LTG.
    Name:  Top finished1.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  107.0 KB

Blog Entries
    I used a variety of light neutrals, including some grey and white. As long as you have a definitive contrast you should be okay. Name:  EE515654-48BE-40D4-9F2D-47979E86300E.jpeg
Views: 14
Size:  145.3 KBName:  27ED903C-860F-4E50-8658-C5B7405D2B2B.jpeg
Views: 14
Size:  142.0 KB
    attitude is everything...the rest will fall into place.

Both are beautiful! Love seeing these again!
    Quilting therapy for the therapist...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 34 74 83 84