Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Merry Mayhem New Year Day Mystery >

Merry Mayhem New Year Day Mystery

Merry Mayhem New Year Day Mystery

Old 01-11-2021, 03:42 AM

In the interested time I ended up with an all over quilt design and sewed the binding on yesterday. I will get it the mail this week to a dear friend for her birthday. Tah da...no UFOs allowed in my sewing room.

Teen, what a thoughtful donation and even though you weren稚 thrilled with the colors, someone will be delighted with your quilt.
Attached Thumbnails d7029602-04f7-4585-a8cf-cc2e5967aae7.jpeg   d4eebaa6-ea09-4412-9d6a-7e2ed34a8f92.jpeg   5c96f1d1-39e5-4471-abaa-da81acba3939.jpeg  
Old 01-11-2021, 08:02 AM
Power Poster

Here are the pictures I tried to upload last night. Baptist fan quilting and sleepers for my grand girls.
Attached Thumbnails img_0776.jpg   img_0775.jpg   img_0774.jpg  
Old 01-11-2021, 09:13 AM

jmoore, that looks great. There was really no need for something more labor intensive

sewbizgirl, the fans look good! I've done a free-form baptist fan, and even though it's far from perfect, it looks fine.

Adorable sleeper!
Old 01-11-2021, 06:55 PM

Jmoore, I like how you quilted it. Looks great!

Sewbizgirl, the fan pattern is nice. I think it will look good too.

Both of you have shown good ways to quilt the top. Any suggestions for quilting with a walking foot?
Old 01-11-2021, 08:44 PM

What cute fabric, with the bees! I can't imagine a toddler wearing a sack. It's without legs??

Walking foot does nice doing a grid.
Old 01-11-2021, 10:27 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by givio View Post
What cute fabric, with the bees! I can't imagine a toddler wearing a sack. It's without legs??.
It's for sleeping only. They get in them, and then out of them, at their beds. They have been sleeping in sacks since birth! It keeps them warm without blankets, as they usually squirm out of their blankets.

I also have a pattern for a fleece jammy that has legs and feet. That's next....
Old 01-12-2021, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Sharongn View Post
Jmoore, I like how you quilted it. Looks great!

Sewbizgirl, the fan pattern is nice. I think it will look good too.

Both of you have shown good ways to quilt the top. Any suggestions for quilting with a walking foot?
Sharongn, I知 quilting with my walking foot too. I知 thinking about a long snake about half inch apart. I thought about a meandering squiggle but saw a picture of a quilt with the long snake pattern and liked the look. It may have a name, but I知 not informed enough to know it.
Old 01-13-2021, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Blueridgebeverly View Post
Sharongn, I知 quilting with my walking foot too. I知 thinking about a long snake about half inch apart. I thought about a meandering squiggle but saw a picture of a quilt with the long snake pattern and liked the look. It may have a name, but I知 not informed enough to know it.
That sounds like it would be cute... The snake pattern. Thanks for the idea!
Old 01-15-2021, 04:16 PM

Getting started on construction, and thinking the yellow would have been a better D choice. I didn't choose it because it's rather heavy, and the instructions mentioned 'pastel'.

Question: Should I continue with this neutral or switch to the yellow for the star points in the center (the large and the 4 smaller). Would having points in two different fabrics be too weird?(I'm not willing to re-do the HSTs.)
Attached Thumbnails img_6023_fotor4.jpg  
Old 01-16-2021, 05:50 AM

Hi Joesmom, I don't think it would be weird. The medallion will really pop with the yellow. I used a very similar gold/yellow for fabric D and liked the way it ended up. If you want to bring the yellow into the corner medallions, maybe add it as a small border around them? You wouldn't have to make that decision until you get to that point. Just a thought. I also like your neutral so whatever you decide will look good. 😁