Newbies challenge

Old 10-28-2010, 09:55 AM

Enjoy it, I made two baby quilts that way with flannel,
and then stitched them with pearl cotton in a big running
stitch, really turned out cute. My, two grandkids love them.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:00 AM

This is NOT my day to be at the machine. We just had that record breaking winter storm for 2 days, and I'm at the machine today, and it's one stupid mistake after another..forgot the feed dogs, forgot to engage, forgot how to use my walking foot (missed the little arm in the right place), I'm heading for the grocery to get chocolate! I think that should fix everything... and getting out of the house a minute...fresh air, fresh eyes, clear the brain.
Can't believe I'm admitting all this.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:16 PM

I would love to adopt someone. I have been quilting for 30 years. FMQ for most of those on my DSM. I have had a gammill classic plus for five years. I have taught a weekly quilting class to a group of devoted students for 4 years. (they are still comming after all that time so don't know how well I am doing, I think they just come for the food.)
I have EQ5 and can use it. I have skype, do facebook, have unlimted long distance. I am in my quilt studio most days from sunrise to sunset. Quilting is an art that needs to be perpetuated!!! Send me a pm.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:57 AM

Please adopt me-I want to say I know what I'm doing, but I don't! I don know how to sew, but I'm not sure that is a plus when learning how to quilt. I want to make Christmas tree skirts for my daughter in laws for Christmas gift, but if I don't get started, there won't be time! Would you be willing to take me on?
Old 10-29-2010, 03:57 AM

Please adopt me-I want to say I know what I'm doing, but I don't! I do know how to sew, but I'm not sure that is a plus when learning how to quilt. I want to make Christmas tree skirts for my daughter in laws for Christmas gift, but if I don't get started, there won't be time! Would you be willing to take me on?
Old 10-29-2010, 04:03 AM

I love the border on the star quilt pictured with your name/info. Would love to know that pattern.
I bought a double diamond ruler, and just learned prairie points and bought that ruler (ok, I'm a gadget junkie, now you all know), I think borders are far more important than just a few layers of added fabric, they 'frame' the quilted detail. Could you post the border pattern name, or a link to find it, thank you.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:00 AM

another "newbie" of sorts. I have struggled along on my own and definitely would love an "older" (more experienced) voice to help me along. I am in the southern corner of PA, so PA, DE, NJ and even MD are close enough to me. Email world-wide. Love and would welcome the opinion of others. Especially since I am trying to do 3 quilts right now.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:20 AM

In Main Menu, I have started a new discussion which would be helpful to newbies also... "Quilt Tools, Tips & Opnions" hoping we can hear what other quilters have found to be the better tools, rotaries, cutting mats, rulers, anything that is a quilting gadget. If you have a question or opinion, please help all of us quilters, especially those just building their gadget supply with their stash supply.

As for the "newbies", I don't consider myself "experienced" level, but do help local newbies and would love to help if possible. Sometimes just posting questions will get answers, please be as specific as you can.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by stevendebbie25
I love the border on the star quilt pictured with your name/info. Would love to know that pattern.
I bought a double diamond ruler, and just learned prairie points and bought that ruler (ok, I'm a gadget junkie, now you all know), I think borders are far more important than just a few layers of added fabric, they 'frame' the quilted detail. Could you post the border pattern name, or a link to find it, thank you.
I call it twisted ribbon. I made it on EQ5, it is just HST's. If I still have it saved I might be able to scan it and send you a pattern.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:20 PM

Just emailed you, didn't realize...I'd love to get that pattern. I really want to design a 'meaningful' quilt original in honor of my son we lost. I don't have EQ7, guess that shows I'm still a newbie too. I have ideas, just putting it into a workable quilt???