Newbies challenge

Old 12-11-2010, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Weeser1
Hello Everybody, Iam a newbie ! Lol.Am enjoying The Quilting Board & all the beautiful patterns.Just following around here, learning as I go. We live in Minnesota and a storm is brewing , so thought this is a good time to check this out. Happy Holidays all.
Oh My!! I just seen it on the news about what you're getting! Welcome to the board and you're going to love it. Glad you're here instead of braving the out of doors! I lived in Rockford IL for most of my life and can relate to what you're going thru there!! Stay safe and well!
Kathy
Old 12-11-2010, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Momma_K
Hello Everybody, Iam a newbie ! Lol.Am enjoying The Quilting Board & all the beautiful patterns.Just following around here, learning as I go. We live in Minnesota and a storm is brewing , so thought this is a good time to check this out. Happy Holidays all.
Oh My!! I just seen it on the news about what you're getting! Welcome to the board and you're going to love it. Glad you're here instead of braving the out of doors! I lived in Rockford IL for most of my life and can relate to what you're going thru there!! Stay safe and well!
Kathy
My husband lives in an apt where he works, 4 hrs from our house. Williston ND got natl news with 11" in 4 hrs, and 16" total, and we got 12" here in Washburn ND (home). That was a storm, but not as bad as others. So MN, I know what's coming your way..anything left that didn't fall on ND, LOL, digging out is an adventure in it's self.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by stevendebbie25
Kathy
My husband lives in an apt where he works, 4 hrs from our house. Williston ND got natl news with 11" in 4 hrs, and 16" total, and we got 12" here in Washburn ND (home). That was a storm, but not as bad as others. So MN, I know what's coming your way..anything left that didn't fall on ND, LOL, digging out is an adventure in it's self.
Debbie stay safe and warm! It's a cold rain here in the South, Chattanooga. Supposed to have freezing rain and snow by morning! I miss the weather of the North, not so much the hardship it causes but still yet, I miss it! Take care everyone up there!!! :shock: :P
Old 12-11-2010, 07:10 PM

I just heard on The Weather Channel that Minneapolis is having the snowiest day in 19 years! :shock:
Old 12-11-2010, 07:37 PM

I just heard on The Weather Channel that Minneapolis is having the snowiest day in 19 years! :shock:
They say this is going to be a record breaking winter, heavier snow, colder...off to a good start so far... we're getting ready, bought lamp oil & wicks today, bought a small supply of split wood (need much more). Last year power went out 3 times, it gets mighty cold!
Old 12-11-2010, 07:51 PM

I'll be right up with plenty of wood! I live with the woods in my back yard. More on the neighbors side but they'll share! I wish you luck and prayers thru this season. There are no limits to what we can pray for, do take care!
Old 12-12-2010, 10:34 AM

Welcome to the quilting board. I'm Pam from Alabama. We got snow today and you know we are excited just to see it. we don't get snow much.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:49 AM

I'am a real newbie, I need help with all te terms everyone uses . I'am also new at a computer.HELP!
Old 12-12-2010, 10:52 AM

Weeser1, welcome the the board, I am kind of new to the board also. I am going to change my Avitar to something xmas. Merry Christmas
Old 12-12-2010, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by skeet
I'am a real newbie, I need help with all te terms everyone uses . I'am also new at a computer.HELP!
I've put the acranyms on this newbie site a couple times, just go back a few pages and you'll find them. Hope this helps all the newbies.