Newbies challenge

Old 07-24-2010, 07:27 PM

I am up for adoption but I need more than quilt stuff.What is SID,FMQ,I don't know how to navigate this board or is it a blog?I am hopeless!How do I attach a pic to my stuff like ya'll have on the left side of the post?See I would definitely be a special needs adoption.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:03 PM

Great Idea I am also very adoptable!!!
Old 07-25-2010, 04:51 AM

I am looking for a fabric by Benratex called "Flower Show". It is pink lillies on purple background. I ordered some, but am unable to get more from the site that I previously ordered from as they say it is now unavalible. Does anyone know where I can obtain more of this fabric??
Old 07-25-2010, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by dltaylor
I am looking for a fabric by Benratex called "Flower Show". It is pink lillies on purple background. I ordered some, but am unable to get more from the site that I previously ordered from as they say it is now unavalible. Does anyone know where I can obtain more of this fabric??
You might try posting this in the Classified section. It might get lost in this post. Hope you find your fabric.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:35 PM

tkhooper, did you make your avatar? If so, how?
Old 07-26-2010, 03:13 PM

I would like to be "adopted" although I am not totally new at quilting, there is a lot I would love to learn. (I would love to learn what the letters mean?) lead me to the key please! example FMQ what does it mean!
Old 07-26-2010, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by pgthom
PM is a personal message. Kinda like an email to just that one person. You click on the person's name above their pic or avatar, and some choices come up. One of the choices is PM. Click on that and you have a free screen to type, then hit send.
FMQ is free motion quilting. A type of meandering stitching, unlike STD (stitch in the ditch) or echo quilting. I believe if you search at the top of the home page, and type in abbreviations, you will find many more explained. Good luck. Don't be shy about PM'ing me if you have other questions. When I teach, I always remind students, "there are not dumb questions". If you don't know the answer, then asking is a smart question! Hope this helps. Penny (pgthom in Kalamazoo, MI)
Thanks for the answer I am glad you told me how to find what the abbreviations mean! Ok so now that my not so stupid question is out of the way I can ask another... (it gets easier asking once you start) what is a paper quilt? I have heard the term but not sure what it means?

thanks for taking the time to answer my questions,

Marybeth
Old 07-27-2010, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz
what is a paper quilt?
Marybeth
Do you mean 'paper pieced quilt'? If so, for that you use a foundation of paper printed with the pattern to sew the block, then remove the paper to join blocks. The paper does not remain attached to the quilt block when assembling the quilt top.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
Originally Posted by marytoddliz
what is a paper quilt?
Marybeth
Do you mean 'paper pieced quilt'? If so, for that you use a foundation of paper printed with the pattern to sew the block, then remove the paper to join blocks. The paper does not remain attached to the quilt block when assembling the quilt top.
I am not sure but I think it was about foundations so it could be. I will have to go and check out some tutorials regarding that.
Marybeth
Old 07-28-2010, 05:45 PM

me too ,I need all the help I can get please cause I'm new to quilting .