Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2019 UFO Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2019-ufo-challenge-t301919.html)

rryder 02-28-2019 05:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
So much is going on, I haven't been able to keep up! Great finishes everyone.

DawnMc- I'm sorry to hear about your BIL and that your mother has been ill. Being a caregiver takes time and energy- don't sweat the UFOs they will get done when you're ready.

I didn't get the Feb. UFO I'd planned on working on done (it's now being worked on and will probably get done for March) but I did manage to find one that needed a couple more quilting lines and binding so I do have a Feb. finish.-- Isn't it amazing what you can find if you do a sewing studio clean up/declutter/organization day???? Anyway, this was one of those things that had gotten piled onto the guest bed and completely forgotten about. It's small, about 35 wide by 25 or so high and is a collaborative piece. DH did the photo collage that he then printed on fabric and I quilted it.

Rob

joe'smom 02-28-2019 06:02 AM

Dawnmc, I must apologize; I posted my reactions to the quilts on the previous page without catching up on later posts, and it came across as heartless coming right after your post on your family troubles. I'm so sorry.

joe'smom 02-28-2019 06:07 AM

rryder, that's remarkable. It's hard to imagine it being forgotten about. It makes me wonder what other treasures you have piled on the guest bed, LOL.

sewbizgirl 02-28-2019 07:34 AM

Beautiful art quilt, Rob. I agree with Joe's Mom... you should keep digging around for more treasure!

rryder 02-28-2019 11:45 AM

Thanks y’all.

congrats on the new grandbaby, Sewbiz! She’s adorable.

Rob

Teen 02-28-2019 06:45 PM

Love your art quilt, Rob.... The quilting is amazing, as always.... I think you got the 16 down...

Teen 02-28-2019 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe (Post 8217605)
Teen: Quilted Twins are a recent addiction of mine. I just can't resist! For $20.00 plus $5.00 shipping I get a coordinated bundle of WOW what ever. This week I got a browns bundle and some black and paisley border print. My bundle is ten half yards and I do not have to drive anywhere. And I'm on the fabric moratorium too!

Be sure to check their free pattern section. I was amazed at the work put in there and then given away free. Marcia

I surfed their web last night and their patterns are fabulous... I saw their bundles, too. I bookmarked them...

retiredteacher09 02-28-2019 07:02 PM

Sewbizgirl: Congratulations on your beautiful grandchild Millie!

Rob: A very pretty UFO finish.

kristakz 03-01-2019 05:14 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Just under the wire, I finished 3 UFOs for February. I finished 2 other quilts too, but they never even achieved UFO status! Here are my finishes:

This swoon quilt started as sample blocks for a class I taught 6 years ago. Finally pulled it out, finished enough blocks to make a donation quilt, and put the rest of the fabric back into stash.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]609475[/ATTACH]

This quilt was a block party from last February. Everyone in the group made a block from fabric I provided, and I put it all together last summer. Finally done and quilted.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]609476[/ATTACH]

This little donation quilt is from the leftovers of the previous one. I played with them on my wall for a few weeks, and finished it up so it can go to show and tell with it's Mommy quilt :) Now there is not one bit of this fabric left in my stash.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]609477[/ATTACH]

joe'smom 03-01-2019 06:29 AM

Krista, your quilts are always so beautiful! I love your fabric choices for the swoon. Congratulations on three great finishes!