Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2019 UFO Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2019-ufo-challenge-t301919.html)

givio 03-03-2019 07:29 AM

SBG, Maybe Millie's nose will be like yours? :-)
Nice finish on the Art quilt. That's on my to-do list, if I get UFOs finished. lol
The swoon quilt looks wonderful in the coordinated prints. I'm often wondering what to do with fabrics from a designer that are all coordinated as I like doing scrappy and do that most often. I'll have to keep swoon in mind! If I write it down, I'll lose the note. If I try to remember, it's highly likely I won't. Maybe somebody here can remind me, if the time comes. :-p
Yesterday I procrastinated on sandwiching my column. Gotta get to it...

sewbizgirl 03-03-2019 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by givio (Post 8219300)
SBG, Maybe Millie's nose will be like yours? :-)

Don't wish that on the poor kid! :p

Belfrybat 03-04-2019 10:57 AM

Krista -- wonderful quilts! I particularly like the second one- the blue and purple.

WMUTeach 03-04-2019 04:32 PM

Anyone setting UFO Goals for March? It is still a raging winter here in SW Michigan, so I am staying hunkered down with UFOs and my sewing machine. I am going for.....three finishes this month; two baby and one twin. Fingers crossed.

retiredteacher09 03-04-2019 05:44 PM

WMUTeach: I understand about a raging winter. Spring break starts on Friday so I plan to sew as much as possible.

oksewglad 03-04-2019 06:57 PM

I'm not sure if I will get to any UFO's in March, WMUTeach...I've been concentrating on new projects and finishing them! I do have one UFO I should get done...it's been a WIP, that slowly morphed into UFO status. I have a couple new projects I sure would like to have done. Both will use stash although one has had FIW..fabric in waiting... for about 18 months and the other will definitely use stash fabrics...oh torn between UFO's and Fabric Moratorium!

I'm putting final stitches on a stash quilt made from leftovers from a major quilt..2 projects averted from UFO land...does this count?

And then my sister from out east will be spending a few days with us the end of March...so looking forward to her visit!

rryder 03-05-2019 12:51 PM

I'm trying for one UFO completion in March. I have two that I want to get done. Both have been partially quilted, but need some additional quilting, so whichever one I'm most inspired to work on will get my attention...I still haven't started any new projects this year since I was working on UFOs, WIPs and some painting related things. I'm thinking it may be summer before I get to the point where I've got time to start something new. Blame it on my studio to do list that I started in Dec. 2018 to keep up with Holiday deadlines. It helped so much that I went ahead and made up a new one for 2019 with a page for each Month. What that means is that my attention is now being focussed on actually completing already started objects. Every time I think about starting a new thing I see my notebook sitting there with it's page for this month already filled with to do's and deadlines and that sure does squash any notion of starting a whole new object.... At this rate, I may never start anything new again...:shock:

Rob

Teen 03-05-2019 02:57 PM

You've got a great plan, Rob... I can speak from personal experience how good it feels to stick with a routine to start and finish a project but it certainly takes discipline...especially when new fabrics or patterns inspire you. I have found that doing little projects in between larger projects helps keep me motivated to stay focused. Hence, evidence of the ton of mini's I have done over the last few months. Lol.. Whatever works!

OK...I love visit from sisters!! So glad you have that to look forward to in March!

JJBlaine 03-05-2019 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach (Post 8220268)
Anyone setting UFO Goals for March?

If my wrist heals up enough, I'd like to fmq an almost-king-sized Thimble berries quilt and finish a string/crumb quilt inspired by BH's Fair and Square quilt.

joe'smom 03-06-2019 09:17 AM

My goal for this month is to finish the quilt that was my goal for last month. :D I am making progress on it and should soon be done with the third quadrant.