Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2020 UFO Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2020-ufo-challenge-t308972.html)

zozee 01-16-2020 09:20 PM

happylab, congratulations on your two finishes! We are at 14 now.

Originally Posted by zozee (Post 8350394)
Our count now stands at 12. That’s more than half the goal before this month is half over. Very good.

Keep up the good work and please be sure to PM me with your finishes.

1/1. Conchalea ...............2
1/3. Quossum.................1
1/4. dmo. ................ .......1
1/5. Grannof6.................1
1/8. Dedemac............,,,,,4
1/12. rryder....................,,,2
1/12. Retiredteacher09.....1

1/16. Happylab.......,,,,,,,,, 2

grann of 6 01-17-2020 08:00 AM

Well, the Tessalla blocks are in a zippered pouch (pattern included)) and ready for a new home. If anyone wants it PM me and I will happily send it to you.
I have a smallish bin with blocks left from a quilt I made for myself. They are 4 patches and Indian Hatchets in blues/browns with neutral backgrounds. i have them laid out on my big table, have enough blocks for a 14X18 size, will end up somewhere over 60 X 80. It will make a good charity quilt or for one of the spare beds. I will be happy for the bin to not fall out every time I open the closet. I guess technically it is not a UFO, but the blocks are made and waiting for a finish, so we'll call them a UFO.

oksewglad 01-17-2020 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by happylab (Post 8351726)
FYI, VQW has started, for those interested.

Would love to join...I have to do EOY bookwork instead...I'd rather be sewing!

cherrybsixty 01-17-2020 11:40 AM

Sorry Zozee, no finishes

Zozee, the finishes that I was referring to happen a couple of years ago. Sorry but, I do have somethings that am going to apply myself to putting bindings on this weekend. If I do finish I will PM you. Thank you for sparking the fire

Happylab, beautiful finishes and thanks for the reminder of "VQW"

Teen, I knew you would work out those un-finishes

It didn't snow like the ole weather man predicted but, it did rain and freeze. So with that I not going anywhere so I guess I will quilt or piece. There are two kid's quilts I can add the binding and there is the new project that I am working. So let me get busy

Happy sewing day everyone

cherryb

Belfrybat 01-17-2020 12:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have two finishes. Just finished sewing the edging on, even though the picture doesn't show it. The first is a strip quilt (I make a lot of those!), and the second is "Happy Swap" that I did on the Quilter's Circle page. The latter is only 2 months old, but for me anything I take out of the "to be done" closet counts as a UFO. Some are several years old, some only months.
ETA: Ack! I hate this new way of posting pics. Only one posted -- off the find where the other went.

retiredteacher09 01-17-2020 05:54 PM

happylab and Belfrybat :Beautiful finishes. Congratulations on the finishes.

I should make a few strip quilts.

grann of 6 01-17-2020 06:08 PM

Nice quilts BB.

Teen 01-17-2020 08:20 PM

Great finishes, ladies!! I've never used black as BG....I really need to cuz those look cool.

zozee 01-17-2020 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat (Post 8351994)
I have two finishes. Just finished sewing the edging on, even though the picture doesn't show it. The first is a strip quilt (I make a lot of those!), and the second is "Happy Swap" that I did on the Quilter's Circle page. The latter is only 2 months old, but for me anything I take out of the "to be done" closet counts as a UFO. Some are several years old, some only months.
ETA: Ack! I hate this new way of posting pics. Only one posted -- off the find where the other went.

Good work! Vibrant colors ! And with your finishes, we are now at 16. Only 6 more to go to make out group goal!

sewbizgirl 01-17-2020 10:49 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are some UFOs I finally finished....