Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2020 UFO Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2020-ufo-challenge-t308972.html)

Sync 01-18-2020 07:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Everyone has such nice finishes. I have one top done and it's ready to go to my longarmer, who will quilt and bind it for me. I have another top almost ready and I'll take pictures when it's ready. Hmmmmm ..... apparently, I can't post pictures ????? I was able to post them a couple of days ago but not now ?????????? Very confused. Woooohoooo, going into edit my post and I could add the image ..... :)

Quossum 01-18-2020 07:59 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Ohmygosh, can I just say how blown away I am by all the finishes I'm seeing here? The patriotic quilt, the one with the striking black background, the scrappy ones, all the others...we're getting stuff done, people!

That said, may I present to you...my second finished quilt of 2020!

The Quilt: I had been in possession of a jelly roll of Aunt Grace canine-themed fabric for quite a while. At last, it seemed there was an occasion to press them into service...

Why it became a UFO: I do dog Agility (my YouTube channel features many videos of such). For the past fifteen years (fifteen years? Damn, I'm old...) at our club's annual party's white elephant exchange, I've brought a quilt to share. Naturally it gets stolen many times! Well, the year 2019 was the last party, as the people who run our Agility club are retiring. Thus, there was no gift exchange, as instead many tribute activities were going on. So, my progress on the intended quilt of the party came to a screeching halt. Long the quilt languished in my sewing room, a reminder of a phase of life sadly come to an end.

Why I finished: Well dang it! The top was done, done I say! And as the new year started and my dedication to tackle the list awakened, I figured I might as well do this one, being as it was sitting there (hanging there?) on my design wall, all forlorn and unwanted and reminder-y and such. So I threw together a back (It's hard for me not to have a pieced back. Forgive me my sins...), enlisted my husband to help me spray baste it (I have decided that spray baste descended from heaven on the wings of angels--banish ye, pins!), and started quilting it. I'm not real wild about the border / binding color, but hey, I was shopping the stash.

The quilt's fate: One of my Agility friends was always super excited to come into possession of the Christmas party quilt, only to have it stolen from her every time. She's in for a surprise at our next show... :o

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Za...L=w666-h888-no

rryder 01-19-2020 03:55 AM

Wow! Nice finishes Sewbiz!

Sync- that top is gorgeous, can't wait to see it quilted.

Quossum- congrats on the finish and loved reading about the story behind it!

I thought I'd have another finish by now, but after looking at it I decided that it needed microquilting in the central area, so that’s what I’ve been doing for the last few days. Still have several days to go and then will need to decide how to quilt the borders which will also need dense quilting in order to lay flat with the central section...

Rob

sewbizgirl 01-19-2020 08:51 AM

Pretty batiks quilt, Sync!

Love all the doggy fabrics in your quilts, Quossum...

Belfrybat, my quilt you asked about is a “Bricks and Stones” quilt. I think Bonnie Hunter has one in her free patterns.

cherrybsixty 01-19-2020 02:35 PM

Good afternoon UFO'ers, went shop looking and decide to look in when I returned to the computer and look what I see that there is a couple of finishes posted.

Syn, such a beauty

Ouossum, love the way you layout the story of the UFO and the pix are gorgeous, congratulation on the finish

Going to really work on the bindings, maybe I can get enough drive to finish those before the end of the challenge. We are getting close to the goal number. "The magic 22"

Happy sewing day everyone

cherryb

Belfrybat 01-19-2020 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8352725)
Belfrybat, my quilt you asked about is a “Bricks and Stones” quilt. I think Bonnie Hunter has one in her free patterns.

Many thanks - I just printed the pattern from Bonnie's website.

retiredteacher09 01-19-2020 04:42 PM

Sync: Very pretty top.

Quossom: Thanks for the story behind the quilt. Your friend will love it!

WMUTeach 01-19-2020 06:49 PM

Quossum, well that explains all the dogs! Lovely but sad story. Perhaps your "Dog-Gone-Quilt" can be used by an animal shelter for a raffle item. On the other hand you may be snuggled up with it now and it's not going anywhere!

Or you can give it to your friend as you intend. Shows me that I should read all the way to end of the post!

zozee 01-19-2020 07:57 PM

As a reminder. If you have finished a UFO and have not sent me a private message (PM), please do so. Let me know the number. I don’t always read every post word for word to figure out if someone has finished. Thank you.

Teen 01-19-2020 08:15 PM

Great finishes!

Sync....your top is really pretty. Makes me rethink working with batiks.

Quossom... Love the doggie fabric....bright and whimsical. And, the colors in your strip quilt are so pretty together.

Got the binding ready for the 2 quilts at LA'r..so I'm ready. Worked on a birthday present for my precious momma today but otherwise, no new quilts started. Convicted in my goals..