Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2020 UFO Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2020-ufo-challenge-t308972.html)

WMUTeach 03-11-2020 05:17 PM

Beautiful work, ckcowl. The quilt is lovely and your workmanship is to be admired.

sewbizgirl 03-11-2020 09:14 PM

ckcowl, wow! What a gorgeous quilt for your son. Colors and design are beautiful, and your quilting is outta the ballpark! How could he not love that?!

joe'smom 03-12-2020 07:42 AM

ckcowl, that is a beautifully done!

Dedemac 03-12-2020 08:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Such awesome quilts! Lots of stuff going on since I was able to post last, posting from the Kindle is tricky. I decided to switch gears today, Tuesday I was trying to put borders on a UFO and measured then cut wrong.:( border was 1 inch short! So I put it aside to clean my sewing room yesterday and found a project that is a few years old. The memory quilt is already with Meredith but the pillows never got finished. Before I started the borders again I wanted a quick kill.
2 pillows Finished!!!

sewbizgirl 03-12-2020 08:27 AM

Dedemac, the pillows are awesome! Those lions surely wouldn't be a 'quick kill' for me.... They are Celtic, no? What country do they represent... Ireland?

rryder 03-12-2020 02:25 PM

Wow, lots of finishes!
Congrats Sewbiz -I like them all, but the caterpillar is probably my favorite.
CKcowl- that's gorgeous. I always struggle with what to do with panels, you've done a great job of combining the panel with the blocks and the quilting brings it all together. He's going to love it.
Dedemac-cool pillows and great way to take a break from an oops moment.

I'm behind on my March UFOs- I got involved in doing the Helen Godden 2017 BOM and then had a tooth pulled last Thursday, so lost some time. Anyway, I think I've decided on the next step for one of the UFOs so I'll work on it some tomorrow.

Rob

Dedemac 03-12-2020 04:22 PM

The lions are Celtic, and were all ready embroidered all I had to do was size the fronts and make the backs.​​​​​ Meredith's father was very involved in highland dancing and Scottish highland games.

retiredteacher09 03-12-2020 04:34 PM

Dedemac: Great finishes!

I am still plugging along on my scrappy quilt top. I hope to finish it yet this week.

sewbizgirl 03-12-2020 09:10 PM

Ouch Rob! Hope that tooth pull doesn't give you any trouble and heals up well.

Bugaroo 03-13-2020 05:07 AM

I've been so into the Boom24 that I fell behind with my UFOs. So I am playing catchup!!

I finished this table topper for my son. I had been waiting on finding enough winner dog prints and thanks to this lovely Quilting Board community, one less UFO for me!!!

Rff1010 - love your purples and blues. So bright and cheerful!

Belfrybat - ! You go girl!!!!

WMUTeach - I've not done a red/white/blue quilt but I've been collecting fabrics to remedy that! We might need a UFO type stash posting.

Teen - Such beautiful colors and details.

Sewbizgirl - my! Those ducks are adorable and as a teacher, I the counting aspect is wonderful!

Qussum - Love your color contrast! So pretty