Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-en-provence-t283327.html)

JeanieG 03-19-2017 02:09 PM

I love the quilting Carol! She spent a lot of time quilting with all those different motifs!

joe'smom 03-19-2017 02:46 PM

Thank you for the close-ups, Carol. That is lovely quilting!

waltonalice 03-20-2017 06:00 AM

Carol, the whole quilt is beautiful, but I'm especially impressed with your backing strategy. The back perfectly complements the front, but you were able to repurpose those extra 4 patches you many have made.

Carol in WI 03-20-2017 12:36 PM

I've had someone ask about obtaining the pattern for En Provence. Does anyone know if it has been published yet or where one could purchase it? I can't seem to find the information on her blog.

Battle Axe 03-20-2017 01:24 PM

I just bought it two weeks ago. It is available on Bonnie's website under "shop" and then click on digital downloads. It's only $8.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and loads of work.

kristakz 03-21-2017 05:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Apparently I missed this entire thread :) But I did Bonnie's quilt again this year. In the end, I decided, for 2 reasons, to split my blocks and make 2 smaller quilts. 1) I don't need another King size quilt in my house and 2) I didn't like the way I used my 2 neutrals for the HSTs (1/2 of each neutral), so I'm splitting those half-square triangle blocks and each quilt gets one of the neutrals.

The colour difference in the neutrals doesn't really show in the photos. I refused to make any extra units (except 2 HSTs for the first quilt), so I altered the border on the second quilt to work with what I had.

The first one is for me - a nice lap size about 70-some inches square. And the other is just right to donate to Victoria's Quilts. Neither is quilted yet, but the tops are done.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]570172[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]570173[/ATTACH]

JeanieG 03-21-2017 07:48 PM

Krista - those a beautiful. I am in the process of quilting mine as we speak.

joe'smom 03-22-2017 05:16 AM

So beautiful, Krista! You really chose your colors well.

Carol in WI 03-22-2017 06:15 AM

Battle Axe, thank you for the info on buying the pattern. I passed that onto Don.
Krista, I love your quilts - the dark magenta just pops against the controlled neutrals.

Battle Axe 03-22-2017 01:24 PM

I don't know how to tell you all how disappointed I am in my work. Mine looks like a clown quilt. It is way too busy and some of the colors are sooooo wrong. They are strong and fighting with each other. I think I tried to make it too scrappy. Then I look at Krista's and I have about the same gold. My greens are a little different but my purples and lavenders are the same. I don't have mine sewed together, just on the design wall. My magenta is a fire engine red. My neutrals are very scrappy and pushed toward yellow.

The only redeeming quality is that I refined my quilting skills which were real bad. Here my corners are nice, my measurements and good, my quarter inch seam is for the most part a scant quarter inch.

I'm taking the computer and the phone to Verizon tomorrow to get the thing to work right.

Marcia