Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/bonnie-hunter-mystery-quilt-2017-en-provence-t283327.html)

m-fay 02-03-2017 04:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I only did 1/4 size and I still have the last border to put on but I'll have to shelve it for a while.

GramE 02-03-2017 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by m-fay (Post 7755900)
I only did 1/4 size and I still have the last border to put on but I'll have to shelve it for a while.

Very nice! And a quarter was enough for me too!

Fraew 02-03-2017 09:59 AM

Bravo krisb and m-fay! My borders are going on today, using the original design.

joe'smom 02-04-2017 07:04 AM

Krisb, that's beautiful! I agree with you, that the green border doesn't go well with the binding fabric, although I really like the green on its own, and the binding on its own.

I'm pretty sure, after a lot of thought, that I will not add additional borders, except possibly one more row of neutral 4-patches, if I end up with enough extra.

m-fay, very pretty!

Pam H 02-04-2017 09:42 AM

Krisb, your quilt is beautiful. I really like your green but not with your binding fabric. Just a suggestion, could you bind it in the green?
Congrats to all who have finished your tops! They are all wonderful!
Some of you might remember the problems my daughter had when trying to place an order with Bonnie for my Christmas gift. I thought she had given up on it so I told hubby to order the book and ruler for my birthday. Guess what? I now have 2 sets of Bonnie's newest book and new ruler. Go figure. If anyone is interested in one of the sets, please pm me.

All2Pieces 02-04-2017 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by m-fay (Post 7755900)

Very nice m-fay. I like your colors.

All2Pieces 02-04-2017 11:06 AM

krisb - Nice looking quilt. Your green works very well and helps make the green in the patches stand out. The other binding doesn't appeal to me nearly as much. Just my humble opinion.

quiltsRfun 02-04-2017 11:33 AM

Whew! I just finished my 3/4 size top. I'll wait till its pressed to share a picture. Now to finish Allietare. Don't know why it's not finished. It's my favorite Bonnie mystery, both the colors and the design.

ddtrina 02-04-2017 07:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm so happy, I've finished my queen size floppy! This is only my 6th quilt so it was a real challenge for me. Now comes the fun of long arm quilting it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]567526[/ATTACH]

joe'smom 02-04-2017 08:57 PM

ddtrina, that looks wonderful! I love your shades of yellow and purple.

I'm halfway done with mine as of tonight (I can't believe how long it's taking me). It's finally beginning to look like something!